Sign in to follow this  
longman

still not starting

well i posted this problem before where the car has trouble starting just from turning the key it ususally needs a few pushes on the accelerator to get it going. it starts just about when its really cold but when a mild/warm day needs some persuasion?? i have changed the fuel filter that made no difference, and i can hear the pump buzz when the ignition is switched on so now i am stuck???? all plugs and dist cap/rotor arm changed.

dazzy is right and you shouldn't use throttle on cold start. Like lots of engine management systems these days the C has some sophisticated fuel/air monitoring and a number of things could be the cause. May not be to your liking, but I would recommend you ask the VAG guys (some of them do know about Corrados) to do a computer diagnostic - only takes a few minutes so shouldn't cost much and at least then you'll know what's wrong.

In one of the leters in Golf magazine this mounth. The guy from C&R talkes about a lot to about problems with 16V starting. I think he said something about starting 16v's when there warm can cause problems because oil vapour catches before the petrol does. It may not be related to your problems but worth checking out.