Sign in to follow this  
Brando

Alarms

Where is the best place (price wise and fitting) to get a cat 1 alarm and imobo??

Ideally I need a national place to come out to my work and install it - but can drop in anywhere around Portmouth.

Any ideas guys

(got my 2l 16v btw will post pics when I take some tomorrow or tonight, just need to sort the stereo and the alarm out)

Not too sure... I have heard of these guys before :

http://www.online-car-security.co.uk/ (GAP Security)

But I can't be sure on the quality of the work they do as I have never used em, or don't know of anyone who has!

Surely there must be a good local alarm fitters? Have you tried using the Clifford website to source a local fitment centre?

My neighbour had GAP Security install a Clifford Sigma in his Celica GT4 a couple of weeks ago.

The installer was a nice bloke, and the quality of the install looked tidy enough to me!

I now know when my neighbour's going out, as he starts the car from his bedroom about 2-3 minutes before... ;)

From their website....

Q: Will the insurance company recognise and accept what has been fitted?

A: If you use GAP Security then the answer is yes. GAP Security is MESF accredited, which means that their engineers are approved by the insurance industry to install security devices. In addition, the products we fit are Thatcham approved, meaning that the Motor Industry Repair and Research Centre have tested them.

Ordered the CC 300 from GAP, haggled them down £25 to £400 so relativly happy. They are coming out next week to fix it at my work.

Cheers for ur help guys - expect pictures in the gallery of my first Corrado soon :-) (touch wood) - will prolly get the digi cam out tomozs.

Nice one mate :)

I got mine fitted for £375 and that was me actually taking it to a place to get done.. it was pretty expensive but they were a well known local company, and they are listed as a Clifford official centre so I felt it was worth it :)