Sign in to follow this  
cymru-corrado

16v wont start

right my 1.8 16v wont start it just clicks and nothing.battery is new and all the windows, sunroof work fine, new battery a problem? or i just fitted an amp so is it poss i knocked one of the ignition wires out?

also my handbrake wont hold on my driveway at all had to leave car in 1st. have tightened the cable so is this probably worn shoes?

Sounds like an earth fault if all your other electrics are ok.

Are the calipers siezed at the back....worth checking??!!!

Sorry, just re-read what you put.....if it is possible that you have damaged an ignition wire then i would check the voltage to the starter motor or relay....

let me know if you need rear calipers mate.

will do, dont think they are siezed well not fully as it will hold on a slight incline/decline and you can feel the car 'jack up' when you put the handbrake on. my drive does have a decent slope though as my old mans volvo found out when it rolled back into the garage door before.

as for the wiring i'll just have to break my back getting the trim out again.

eh up,

Do you hear the fuel pump kicking in when you turn the key? Have you checked all the fuses?

ta

nothing was clicking it at all early, turn the key ignition starts.the fans will run if on,then turn fully to start engine the engine temp light flashed for a milli second once then nothing.

fuses hmm? got a little spark swaping headunit over early could of been an ignition wire poss? do these run behind the headunit with other bundle of wires back there?

that or you've got a short somewhere. i'd check all the fuses relating to ignition and dash stuff, there's a full listing in the handbook if you've still got it - otherwise i'll grab mine and read em out. failing that, i'm 99.9% sure someone on here knows them off the top of their head :D

it's really cosy behind the stereo, bit of a nightmare - but i'll be surprised if theres any ignition wires behind there. if it was the ignition switch/wires you probably wouldn't even be getting what you're seeing already.

i'll have a poke in the handbook.they should have them listed in the car like on my Polo where there listed on the fuse tray thing quite useful that.

Not to worry. You haven't disturbed an immobiliser have you?

Still worth checking your earths as that'll only take a few minutes.

i had a problem the same but it only did it wen it was cold. it was the starter motor was full of gunk and stuff just remove it and clean it with brake cleaner or buy a new one then find out when you take the old one off like i did that it just needs cleanin. lol