Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

What air compressor?

I need to buy an air compressor. :? I want to use for a buzz gun, prepping body work and spraying. What sort of compressor do I need? I have been told something 3hp and with a 150 capacity. Where's a good place to get one? I don’t want to spend much on one, a cheap one will do. It'll probably only get a months intensive use then just a couple of times a month. So it doesn’t have to be the best you can get or anything.

Machine mart or the loot if you don't ask questions? :lol:

Don't buy a smaller one it'll be useless. I have a 25 litre one, it barely runs my airhacksaw. The impact gun empties it and stalls. :roll: It's ok for blowing up tyres and spraying shutz though.

I have some air tools to get rid of if you need any. Australia looming

Gavin

Sweet! Cheers Gav. I'll need a buzz gun, circular sander thing for prepping and a decent spray gun. (may have a buzz gun on the way though, mate in a Jag garage reckons they get new ones in all the time) Let me know when you want to get rid.

Check out this one on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7980950686

Is this a bit ott for my needs? It may be a bit over my budget. I was hoping to get the compressor and tools for about £250.

No one else know anything about compressors?

The one I can find on the net are pritty expensive. Well, more than I though they would cost. :-(

I'm drawn to this SIP make at the moment. Anyone know a good value for money make? Not sure what model I could get away with. Would a 3hp 100 litre be okay?

Sweet! Cheers Gav. I'll need a buzz gun, circular sander thing for prepping and a decent spray gun. (may have a buzz gun on the way though, mate in a Jag garage reckons they get new ones in all the time) Let me know when you want to get rid.

Check out this one on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7980950686

Is this a bit ott for my needs? It may be a bit over my budget. I was hoping to get the compressor and tools for about £250.

That one is 110V so wont do you without a txfmr.

Ar eyou going to Harewood on sunday? I'll stck the impact gun in the car if you are. It's a draper, you can have it for a fiver.

Gavin

Cheers Gavin, I'd totally over looked the need for a transformer with the 110v. I wont be going to Harewood on Sunday unfortunately. I've got a mate in Leeds who is probably going. I'll give him a bell and see if he can pick it up from you for me.

This page seams good for SIP compressors and air tools;

http://www.worldofpower.co.uk/acatalog/ ... iven_.html

The 100 and 150 are the ones I'm considering. It lists the max psi the same on each one!?!?!

Thats cool mate. Will be on the DF stand. I seriously recommend getting one with a 200 litre tank if you have the room for it. Got one at my parents and it is much better to use than my poxy little thing. You have to consider the volume of air that an impct gun or sander will need for contiuous use. It's a real bind waiting for the chuffing thing to fill the tank again.

Costco near me have big uns(SIP) for reasonable money. I would have pushed teh boat out myself if not for the chance of going to Australia and having to get rid of it.

Gavin

Back from Costco.

They have a T3/150SRB for 352 inc VAT. 3 hp motor and a set of air tools. Impact gun, die grinder and accessories and a 1/2 inch Air ratchet. I guess the tools are worth 50 quid.

If you are interested Cai let me know they open late most nights til 8

Gavin

i bought a compressor from my local tools shop to run a die grinder and they just kept running flat in no time, i they let me try a few larger ones and the same thing until they got into silly money, so i went to my local scrapy and bought this monster for £50 and all it needed was a new pump, that i got from machine mart for £100. So far its laped up everthing i've ran off it.

its still suprising how little it needs to top up even when running a die grinder for hours at a time. you get rather cold hands though :lol: