Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Oil Cooler

I've just got an Oil Cooler kit form TSR and wondered if any one had any tips or ideas on fitting. Yes I know I should have looked into it but it was one of those ''That sounds good'' impulse buying moments :oops:

The main thing is, what do I do with the heat exchanger that's fitted as standard, and will it get in the way if I fit that huge front intercooler I'm begging for (please Darren :lol: )

Cheers people

the cooler kit should contain a sandwich plate. this replaces the existing cooler.

you need a pipe from a non cooler golf or something this will bypass the cooler area and is a std part so fits properly. the cooler will fit but its tight. the std mk1 type thing wont fit with a u-bend or plastic box.

I've got the plate. Hopefully my mate who does the work on it will be able to figure it out, but I just needed some advice so I could give him a head start.

Thanks

rack it's coming bare with me on the intercooler it has been totally re engineered to be a retro-fit into the corrado front end and all from aliuminum.... best things come to those who wait ehh!! :lol: :lol:

strip it down. remove

boost hose to intercooler

loosen boost hose to throttle body so it can be moved. disconnect at throttle body

black res box on charger.

radiator. either 2 bolts on top of rad or spring clip to centre of head. bottom rad hose joining to metal pipe(under car)

radiator. it has 2 wind deflectors on it. they come out from front. remove headlamps and grill.

loads of room then. tis hard to see let alone work on with everything in.

Cheers Darren, with the money I'm gonna be spending on the engine at the min I can afford to wait just a bit longer :lol:

Thanks for the advice peeps!

black res box on charger.

through this away makes fitting the oilcooler much easier too as you gain some valuable room in that area..