Sign in to follow this  
dubmad

mercedes sprinter intercooler??

do mercedes sprinter intercoolers fit straight into a 1991 corrado g60? cheers guys if not what would have to be done to make it fit? what intercoolers fit straight in?

some peeps have fitted them however it is not a starightforward job as it doesent physically fit between the headlinghts, do a search on biggerbigben and g-man they have both managed to get these coolers to fit,,

seems the easiest to fit are the golf g60 ones or the jabba kit,,

bith are pretty expensive though!!

Yep, looked into this before with a mate and it is not a straightforward fit to get a sprinter intercooler into a corrado. You would be best to go for a Golf cooler as you then also use the rallye U bend and can get the pipework for it without having to fabricate your own.

I've got one in my 20vt, extremely tight fit and have to chop some metal from the chassis legs and slam panel. Also had to move the rad back so its sits straight instead of at an angle. Cant beat them for VFM though, at least 50% bigger than the G60 ones and 25% of the price!.

Holy Sheeite, that thing's HUGE! I was thinking about either going for a Cossie 4x4 intercooler or a Landrover Defender TD5 intercooler. How hard was it to move the radiator? The fan shroud sits awfully close to the fron engine mount. Did you ditch it and mount pushers instead?

im guessing they bought a pantech racing fan as they are very slim lined so give alot more space him might have to look for a golf g60 intercooler then!! wish me luck! :lol: :D

Had to make a new mount on the left side of the cross member for the rad peg to sit in. The right side peg sits in the original hole. Couldn't fit the fan and shroud in so am using a super slim spal fan instead.

Do you know roughly how much boost that sprinter IC will take? I liked the look of the cossie 'cooler because it had a really thick core and welded end tanks.

Should hold up to a fair bit, although the end tanks are only plastic they aren't going anywhere as they are pretty much wedged up againt the chassis legs. I'm running 1.7 bar at peak and its fine.

Carefull about the 4x4 cosworth intercooler,the outlets won't clear the OE G60's radiator,i've got an iveco daily TD van intercooler on my G60.16,very similer to the Mercedes sprinter unit but needs a few slam panel mods to fit.

Lancia delta evo's intercoolers exellent if you own a turbo 16 with a small radiator otherwise there's no room,saab 9000 or volvo 740 turbo are also exellent alternatives.

I've currently got a 16V in my Rado, but will be fitting a G60 turbo. Is the 16V rad narrower than the UK spec G60 rad? I've got a US spec G60 rad which is massive.

I'm in the early stages of fitting a SAAB 900 intercooler.

It does fit behind the slam panel quite nicely but I've still to work out the plumbing.

Looks feasable though.....

If you can,try choosing a double pass intercooler over a single pass one,they work better IMO.

ive got a 20vt using the td5 intercooler with a larger fan fits in real well but does anyone no if itas capable of handlings much power i will be running around 250bhp?

I've got one in my 20vt, extremely tight fit and have to chop some metal from the chassis legs and slam panel. Also had to move the rad back so its sits straight instead of at an angle. Cant beat them for VFM though, at least 50% bigger than the G60 ones and 25% of the price!.

Hiya, got a few questions about this intercooler - all dimensions;

Overall size, Width - Height - Depth?

Also width between inlet and outlet - smallest measurement?

Looking to fit in front of a different radiator so wanted to get an idea of size whether it will squeeze into space! cheers...