Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

VR6 Mocal oil cooler Group Buy - Update page 1

One or two folks have asked me about a GB on these, so I've cleared it with Stealth and they're happy to do it. I will confirm prices tomorrow, but would like to get moving on the interested names if possible.

EDIT:- 22/06 - Spoke to Vince - Normal price for the VR kit (235mm 13 row + fittings etc) is £280+VAT. The 10 GB price is £240 inc VAT & Postage.

Cheers

Names:-

Joe M

VR6Stormer

Nick48480

Gazman

Steve Gooding

VR6Pete

Just being price sensitive here but isn't there going to be anywhere cheaper than Stealth's prices?

I know Vince knows the craik and will get the kit right but can you see where i'm coming from?

Chris

I'd rather do it through Stealth to be honest mate for the very reason you outlined.... and price wise, you might be able to save a few bob somewhere else but I think most people would prefer to pay an extra tenner for the security of knowing it will definitely fit and they have all the right parts.

Good point but it's more likely to be more than a tenner difference, i think it's just because i would like that kit to run with the charger but am so skint it'll never happen anyway :(

Chris

What size oil cooler would it be? I've got a mocal on my VR but it still gets to 110oC oil temperature. I've seen some VR's have one about 3/4 of the size of the gap between the lights behind the grill. Mine's about half that size sitting where the intercooler would be on a G60 and I don't think it's big enough.

Yeah that's what I've got on mine. It's a 13 row one and about the same length as the headlight. 110 isn't too bad if it's driving fast, but it is still a bit on the high side if you're cruising at 70mph....

Hmm, would it possible to get an option on a larger mocal as well? Id imagine the 13 row to be ideal on road but I reckon the car could probably do with a bit more for track use.

Yeah, might need to up the size of mine too as with the lower FD and quaife the engine is running a little warmer.... might get some water wetter from Redline too as Vince really rates that, and the lower temp thermostat and rad fan trigger sensor...

Didn't realise until yesterday that the VR fans are actually 3 speed...there's a mega speed that comes on at 120 degrees, which is a direct link to the battery via the monster fuses on the suspension turret.

You learn something every day.....

Looked at a VR block too and it's easy to see why 1 and 6 wear out first.....

Why is it easy to see why 1 and 6 wear out first?

I've had a problem with mine that makes fan speed 3 come on at 70C so the car runs cold so i have been running it with that dissconected, fixed now though.

Chris

Because the outer two water jackets are 1/4 of the size of the inner cylinders' water jackets, so they run hotter..... well, that's the theory Stealth as sticking with, that and the fact the rpm limiter on the Corrado is 400rpm higher than the Golf....both contributing factors to advance ageing of one's holes....

Kev, prob taken as read, but I'm 100% on this, put me down as a defo.

I'd like one as soon as we can do this and happy to pay a few pennies more from somone who knows there stuff.

Possibly, but not 100%. Depends on how good a price and whether I get a supercharger :lol:

Add my name to the list please. I'm currently running at 105-110, so this is definately a good idea.

At least I know I wont be the only person on this GB!

Can you put your names down if you want one please, no ditherers if you please!

Homer Simpson

You just lost yourself a customer :lol:

/Homer Simpson

EDIT:- 22/06 - Spoke to Vince - Normal price for the VR kit (235mm 13 row + fittings etc) is £280+VAT. The 10 GB price is £240 inc VAT & Postage.

Nice one Kev, did you ask about a larger mocal option?

280 seems like a lot for the original price, but im not doubting its right. In which case you've wangled quite an impressive reduction there mate.

Im well in doubt and can't afford it, but cant afford not too, so come on ladies we need 5 more handbags open. Im sure stealth take credit cars!

I HOPE THEY DO!

Nice one Kev, did you ask about a larger mocal option?

I didn't no, but as the cooler itself is the cheapest part of the kit, I'm sure you can discuss that with Vince when you order....

Ooh, put me down for one please Kev.

Plan on doing a track day (my first :? ) sometime this year, and have heard the oil reaches ridiculous temps on track in the VR. Would prefer one for piece of mind...

Are they easy to fit?

Cheers

Steve

Plan on doing a track day (my first ) sometime this year, and have heard the oil reaches ridiculous temps on track in the VR. Would prefer one for piece of mind...

Seems to stabilize in the 130's on track in mine, if the mocal drops that to the low 120's ill be happy.

I did a track day in my golf vr (118k at the time, totally untouched), and i could not get it over 110, just couldnt. Other half vento would go over 100 being ragged to peices.

My vr sits at 112/114 on a gentle 80 mph run, just feel swrong to me, everything gets too hot. I will be able to enjoy it much more with one of these fitted.

If i had no previous VR record id probably be oblivious, but i have and its too hot for my liking in camparison. Must put a strain on everything.