Sign in to follow this  
redcorrado

car is hesitant

No vac pipe!! Just the large multi-pin electrical plug. looked over the whole ecu and there is nowhere for a pipe to connect!!

I was confused too!

I can double check at the weekend if you like, but I'm 99% definate mine has no vacuum pipe to the ECU - the only connection that I remember is the multipin electrical one.

Phil, ETKA shows a pipe from the NRV, in the vacuum pipe to the servo, to the ECU.

The fuel distributer can measure engine load as it is moved by the airflow. The Vacuum pipe tells the ECU engine load so it can send the sparks at teh right time.

Gavin

Big update on my car.

Well took it to HELSTON GARAGES,my nearest local vw garage ,they had it all day and found there was a break in the wiring loom to the oxygen sensors ?

Unfortunatly i havent got the car back yet as it was to late for me to go and pick up the car,so i havent tested it myself.

But it took them 3 hours and they say its working fine .so fingers crossed ,im on day off tommorow so will see then.

I'll look forward to it mate!

Ahh redcorrado, a fello cornishman!! Will have 2 meet up and pick each others brains if you have not got is sorted!

Who did u see at Helston Garages? Does Johnny Langrigde still work there?

Ahh redcorrado, a fello cornishman!! Will have 2 meet up and pick each others brains if you have not got is sorted!

Who did u see at Helston Garages? Does Johnny Langrigde still work there?

Hi m8 Cool a fellow cornish vw man .im not sure whos working there at the mo as i got the missus to drop it up.

theres a website/club of some local (penzance ,camborne truro helston porthleven ) people in cornwall you may want to take a look at from fellow dubbers here

http://www.oemplus.co.uk

im on there as c3vrg ,my other cars a red golf vr6.

i will keep you posted ,and fingers crossed will let you know .

One day i will be able to to afford to get tyres for my azevs and get them back on the car lol. :wink:

Right ,well the car is running great again,

it was a broken wire.

im amazed it would cause all those problems ,but hey im happy.

it was broken somewhere between the ecu and lambda sensor.

any ideas what/where the wire was mate?

EDIT:- It's entirely possible that the component the wire connnects to could be faulty on mine - so info on what it connects to would be very much appreciated mate.

Also did you find that advancing your timing made your motor run better before the problem was cured?

Hi m8 i never got the timing changed on it so not sure on that one.the only info i got from the garage was they unplugged the ecu and plugged there computer in to it called a pin something ?

its where they check all the wires one at a time,apparantly the one which sends a signal to the lambda sensor was damaged ,they repaired it ,but if you had a faulty lambda it would give the same result ,the mechanic wasnt there for me to speak too and i cant see any sign of repair so not sure really what else to say other that in should have taken it to the main dealer weeks ago ..

Hi redcorrado glad u got ur motor sorted! that is the first thing im gonna look at on my raddo at the weekend!!

Im aleady an oemplus member! small world innit?

Just out of interest redcorrado how much did helston garages charge you to do the diagnostic check?

Think it might be worth running mine down so they can have a look!

Hi m8 well it cost £130 ,not cheap but apparantly that was 3 hours labour including wire ,connector etc.

but well worth it,if i ever get simmilar problems i will go there first.

i wish i had gone there at the start ,

ps. what's your username on oem plus ?

cheers and good luck .Mark

Im gonna have a good look myself and if i have no joy ill pop down! iv got the same name on oem plus as i have on here!

Just had a look at the pics of ur raddo on there! v nice! love the keskins!

Ha!

Got it fixed!!!!

Had the cat off 2day and found that it had no insides!!! Checked the lambda probe and it was working fine so i was left head scratching fora little while!!

Had a further polk around to find the vacume pipe to the isv was loose and drawing air!! Tighten up the jublee clip and bobs ur uncle!! fixed!!

God i really do love VW's!!! (again)