Sign in to follow this  
gusto

Flat spot

My 94 VR6 pulls hard from low revs up until around 5000 where it just seems to hit a brick wall and the revs struggle to rise but after around 6000 it is off pulling like a train again!!

Also if i gun it a little when cold the engine misfires like it is flooded and when you put in the clutch it just dies. It starts again no problem but still misfiring and then i just hold the revs at 2000 until it sounds okay again and then everything is fine!!

I have done a search but there is far too much stuff to go through as I am currently offshore and my connection is slow so any help would me appreciated!!!

Cheers

Mine's got the same thing mate, but mine hits the wall at 4000rpm and then then engine is just reluctant to rev and very harsh.... but like yours it's silky smooth and strong below that rpm....

I checked the timing last night when I did the tappets and it's spot on, so it's not that.....

Spoke to Stealth and they think it's fuelling....does yours surge a bit in the lower revs? Could be the lambda probe as it's ignored anyway at full throttle.... could also be insufficient fuel pressure at high revs, or it could even be as simple as a dead cam sensor.....

Hard to say mate.....you need to first get it scanned on VAG-COM and then go from there....