Sign in to follow this  
greasy weasel

Spring (summer) clean

Gentlemen,

My girl has just rolled over into the mighty 120,000 mile era of her life and is still going strong. That said, I hear a lot of talk about getting her tensioners and cam belt replaced, and for the love of God I can't find them having been done in the service history! So I'm going to get the aforementioned done, but can any of you chaps suggest what else may need doing?

Don't want my land shark shredding itself from under me at 120mph.

Weasel.

Might as well get the clutch done at the same time as you have to drop the gearbox to get to the timing chains.

yeah...ignore him ... :roll: ....... :wink:

cam belt and tensioner change should deffo be done if you have no record of it......ive just changed my fuel filter at 132k and it was WELL worth doing...and a 5 min job....i'd do the obvious oil and filter...but ive also just done a coolant flush/change and changed the rad switch/thermo/and temp senders at the same time so you might want to do that to....

really its how long is a piece of string mate....you could change everything if you wanted :norty: ....