Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

Pressure in coolant hoses

Last week i replaced my heater matrix (for those who havnt done it who need to do it-do it cos its a sinch) so iv been keeping an eye on that side of things to make sure its ok.But what i have noticed is after the cars been out a for a fairly sufficient drive and has then been left to sit for few hours the pressure in the hoses is still very high-is this normal? or am i just trying to look for problems that arnt there-that cars no overheating or anything. Just got to thinking that the matrix is the weakest part of this system and might have blown because of the pressure.

Cheers Fraser

Is this in your VR or 16 valver? If its in the valver might be worth checking the stat, are you getting hot air in the cabin heater soon after restart? Do you get any cold air from the fan?

Woops forgot to say-its in the VR6. Everything works fine hot and cold air all perfect. Just wondering bout the presure in the hoses as iv never really checked it before so not sure if its normal.

Cheers Fraser

Noting should be causing pressure unless your running hot or not getting proper circulation. Might be worth investing in a samco kit if your old water pipes are getting rubbery.

Vrs do tend to run a bit hotter than other cars so the hoses do get quite firm. If they are v. hard though you might have an airlock or possibly the headgasket is on its way out.