Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Blue Temp Sensor G60

Hi folks,

Quick question:

As some of you by now know, I have some problems with starting my G60 Rado, see here: http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25715

Yesterday, I then decided to pull of the BTS and start. My Rado started immediately, no stumbling or anything, clean start!

I tried it again this morning (when typically it would have stuttered again), clean start straight away!

Now, before I go out and get yet another BTS (as the current one is little over a year old), here's the question:

What does the ECU actually do with the BTS disconnected?

I know it runs in open loop, but does that also mean that during a start-up it actually injects less fuel than with it connected, as it assumes some normal operating temperature (rather than cold start-up forcing it to inject more fuel)?

Tempest

thats weird,yesterday i noticed that mine dosnt start at all with bts disconnected! :?

sorry not much help!

neil.

Tempest, if you try and drive it with the BTS disconnected you'll notice a difference. You stop the ECU advancing the timing with engine speed and it sticks at 6 degrees or whatever it's set to. There'll be kids on bikes leaving you for dead. :lol:

It allows you to do the basic setup, timing, tickover and mixture.

Gavin

Cool.. disconnect your BTS.. then we can go for a race. My diesel might just beat you then :D ;)

Cool.. disconnect your BTS.. then we can go for a race. My diesel might just beat you then

Erm Jim, remember my spirited driving yesterday? That was with the BTS disconnected :lol: Now imagine what it'd be like with the sensor connected. No, only kidding, as soon as my Rado had started without a glitch with the BTS disconnected, I reconnected it again :-)

Hmmm - It shouldn't start... (you sure you timed it up with it in the timing mode?)

Yup, followed the Bentley procedures: Warm up, disconnect BTS, check and set timing (6° BTDC), reconnect BTS, 3x >3000rpm.

Zoran, the guy who's done my chip over in Germany didn't confirm that it shouldn't start with the BTC disconnected. The ECU then assumes an ambient temperature of 0°C during a cold start, during driving it assumes a value of 60°C, which means it's always running rich, as only from 80°C onwards will it stop enriching the mixture.

Tempest