Sign in to follow this  
indignation

broke down again..i mean still. please help with my corrado

allright...drove the car hame..parked it and everything was fine. tried to start it in the morning and when i turned the ignition all my dash lights and displays went off and somthing started vibrating from under the drivers side rear seat..took the key out and it kept doing it. looked under the car and found no parts (that i could see) in that general area..the vibrating continued for 3 days untill the battery was dead. any help here would be grea as i am lost and dont even know where to start since the dealer wont even look at it because it is a corrado.

thanks for any help!

Your fuel pump is under the car below the RHD back seat. It could be either the pump itself or, there is another part which lifts the fuel (not sure of it's proper name).

You should get someone competent to check both these first.

Good luck...

I would try replacing the fuel lift pump it sounds to me as if the fuel pump is having to work extra hard to get fuel up ( hence the buzzing ) try that they're not that expensive from G&S or euro car parts about £25 if I remember correctly!!!

Losing all the dash indications when you turn the key certainly sounds like a sneaky electrical fault. But coupled with the vibration from the fuel pump after you have turned off, the problem might be something to do with the pump mountings/electrical connections. With the ignition on the pump runs continuously to maintain fuel pressure and you can hear it running tho' it shouldn't be particularly loud. However, like everything, they do age and sometimes get noisy. (The one on my 16v gradually got noisier over a period of a couple of years and eventually stopped being a pump and forward motion stopped as well. New pump fixed that) Anyway, in normal conditions it shouldn't vibrate. Difficult to say from here what the problem might be but I'd suggest that you have a good look at the pump mountings and wiring for starters in case it has come loose and the wires have chafed (or something bashed it while driving - not uncommon here with the state of some of our roads) and then made contact where they shouldn't have when you tried to start her.

As stevo29 says could be the relay but I wouldn't expect that to take out the dash indicators. Best of luck mate and I'll come back if I think of anything else.

talked to the dealer today and they want $415 dollars for a pump...what kind crap is this...anyone know of a plce online that may sell me one cheaper than that?

Year:

Model:

Search: Volkswagen water-cooled

Corrado 1.8 G60 Super-charged PG : 118 kw

ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP

BOSCH n/a 441440185 ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP GO/JE/CO 1.8 85 -92

Upto Cha 50L-005732 £74.99

BOSCH n/a 441440530 ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP( 4 BAR) GOLF 94-/CORRADO VR6 (ABV) ALL MODS

From Cha 50L-005733 £143.42

heres a mail order price for you! this works out a $231.13 a bit cheaper than your one....

Copyright © 2000 Euro Car Parts Limited. All rights reserved.