Sign in to follow this  
Dubcharged

New Exhaust Manifold tested tonight!

Put a tubular big bore exhaust manifold in last week, wrapped it up in the thermal stuff (nasty glass fibre) and then sorted a problem i had after putting it back together again.

When i took the standard manifold out i couldnt believe VW had put such a crap piece of work on a Rallye! It was very heavy too.

Anyway, went out tonight for the first time to try it out and oh mamma its so sweet. Mid-range Torque has improved and top end is stonking, 4th gear is so much better now too.

Respect to Neil at Volkspeed for the system.

Gonna stick the wideband on and try to squeeze some more ponies from the beast 8)

OH and it sounds like an aeroplane now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds sweet, - used to have a tsr 4branch on my old gti which was nice. However, - do you know if v.speed make manifolds for other applications as well? - I've got a standered (+rusty) 8v on my corrado conversion golf at the mo, but fancy upgrading. Asked c+r about their internally polished jobbies, mainly cause of the price. However, no one there seemed to know what would be suitable for mine seeing as its a corrado g60 lump but in a golf. Any ideas?