Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

JUST BROUGHT MY CORRADO!!!!

Ive just sold my 2ltr nova pvshowmean.jpg

And im after a Corrado, now ive got the cash, £2000 im after a 2.0 16v, Insurance £560 With adrian flux.

BUT.......what do i go for and why, what do i look out for, bad points, good points?

Im thinking i could get a nice one for that kind of money.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Neil

Hi neil welcome to the forum mate

not often said but .. nice nova :-)

take a look here first , then see what you need to ask

BUYING GUIDE

in fact i'd print it off and take it with you if you go to look at a c

also might be an idea to see if you could hook up with one of the more Corrado-wise ppl near to you........there is a section in here with details of Corrado-pre-viewing..........at least ppl can give you some pointers as to whats good or bad :wink:

Actually, that is a nice Nova!

Anyway, where you based mate? Depending on that there may well be someone on here that could go with you too. No gaurantees if they did, but 2 pairs of eyes is better than one.

If your anywhere near me i'd have a look with you.

Cheers

Nick

PS: welcome to the forum, you are making a fine choice!

Cheers guys, i would love someone who lives near me to help me find one, as i say ive got a fair amount of money so should hopefully get me a minter(i hope so anyway)

Little about myself so you can get to know what kinda guy i am.

I'm 22, from sheffield, moved up from norwich 12 years ago and im a Chef at a pub restaurant.

I dont smoke, dont drink, maybe odd night at a pub, dont do drugs. I spend ALL my money on cars!

Into girls (who isnt)

I'm a car enphusiast(sp) and i had a nova for 4 years, done it up, now bored with it, got another nova(saloon) which i put on twin 40 carbs but bored with that too, so got rid of it.

So now i want to play with the big boys( you guys;) )

Ive always LOVED corrados, i think their sex on legs!

as i say im after a 2ltr 16v, with insurance being so nice to be with the quote i got!

Will read through the guides, if anyone knows anyone near me let them know and lots of bear money will be involved!

Thanks for your help guys, and i look forward to your help and advice!

Neil

are they worth, it, hows fuel on them, didnt think £2k would be enough?

Im not into BIG LOUD exhausts, or stupid massive body kits, id rather have a nice clean well maintained mechanicaly sound car then all that!

Obviously id lower and put alloys on it :D

if you are careful you can get a good car for 2k body work will be a bit dodgy maybe. im biased i have a g60 and am embarking on a restoration that is gonna cost bucks!! but the g60 is the most exciting for your sorta money corradowales paid just over a k fo his look at members gallery for his car show what can be done when you 'polish a turd' (his words not mine!)

Sorry mate, thought it was an insurance issue. Buy a G60 if you can or a vr6 if you want that v6 noise. Pron get shouted down here, but G60s seems easier to tune per £.

Diff drive, they seem more racey hard edged wheres as the vr seems more gt tourer type refinement. Thats standard anyway imo, but how many are once you've had em 5 mins anyway!

Diff drive, they seem more racey hard edged wheres as the vr seems more gt tourer type refinemen

yup thats pretty much it i dont mind doing big miles in mine but if i was doing it regularly i would go for a vr every time. the 16valvers are more costly to tune and slower out of the box.

i dont want a vr as insurance would kill me. G60 sounds nice but still think i could find a nice 1.8 16 or 2.0 16v with a good body.

that possible?

im really stuck between the 1.8 and 2.0 16v, i like the sound of saying, ive a 2ltr corrado, hehe, but which would be better?

sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure i make the right choice.

id go for the 2ltr if i were you it will be newer but thats the only reason some say the 1.8 k-jet is faster i have no experience but my k-jet mk 2 golf with fast road cams was ballistic!!

is the 1.8 K-jet a model of C?

do they have different models and spec of interior etc or do they all come with the same?

Any info is great!

Neil

is the 1.8 K-jet a model of C?

do they have different models and spec of interior etc or do they all come with the same?

Any info is great!

Neil

the 1.8 16v is aka as the k-jet............the 2.0 16v just replaced it in 1992 J>and for the UK was fitted with a cat as standard the 1.8 k-jet didn't have a cat for the uk market both had 136bhp but the 2.0 16v had a little more torque and could be re-chipped the k-jet can't.............and as for specs

early 1.8 16v's were available with or without E/W's and E/S/R's.........but all had the rear seat hump and alloys.....whereas IIRC all 2.0 16v's had E/W's and alloys but sunroof's and the rear seat hump were options

ah cool, wel i better start looking for my corrado then, 2.0ltr 16v here i come!

Hope i dont buy a dudd one!

ah cool, wel i better start looking for my corrado then, 2.0ltr 16v here i come!

Hope i dont buy a dudd one!

don't discount the 1.8 16v tho................i would say it has less to go wrong with it so shouldn't cause you too much grief.......but it does prefer super U/L rather than U/L ....and ALL 1.8 16v's have the older style dashboard and interior whereas only very early 2.0 16v's have the older interior

ah right, whats the difference in dash's? any pics?

Just seen this, worth a look or not?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9873&item=4564845943&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

that C is already being discussed on the forum.............it appears the pix are a bit fooked and make the colour look wrong..............seems like it'll go cheap....but then again most 1.8 16v's struggle to get near £2k

early dash(up to mid 92) has mk2-style heater controls,smaller instruments along with E/W switches in door card

later dash mid 92> has classier looking rotary heater controls bigger instruments and E/W switches in door pods

cheers VR6strom, think im going to try and get a mk2 style one, if im spending the money might as well get a nice one.

£2000 isn't really a large enough budget for a 2.0 16v in my opinion. They do come along from time to time but in general that sort of money is onky going to attract the earliest and highest mileage 2.0 models. It will, however, buy you a peach of a 1.8.

In the same situation my choice would be (and was) the 1.8.