Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

wots a 2.9 vr6 engine worth?

Do any of you guys have a rough idea of what a 2.9 vr6 engine would be worth. I bought it about a year ago to put into the mk2 golf i had at the time but due to my age it wasa difficult to insure so i never bothered. Its from a 97 car and had 75000 miles on it came with engine bed, power steering rack, engine wiring loom, front shocks, front discs and callipers, radiator, ecu, super chip, and transponder and key. It never came with a gearbox, the bloke sold that separately. Just wondered what sort of money these engines fetch now??

cant remember off the top of my head what the engine code is but i think that it is abv, - does this sound about right? i thought the 2.8's had the engine code aaa.

Yup, ABV is the 2.9, AAA is the 2.8

I sold mine for £900 delivered which didn't include ECU, gauges or manifolds...

A 2.9 from a '97 car?

2.9 was Corrado only, and Corrado production ended in 1995. The last cars registered were in 1996 - you sure it's a 1997??

now you mention that they stooped making corrados in 95 it cant be a 97 engine but the engine code is abv. Its the one with the big single coil pack not the one with the dizzy.