Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

Porsche brake setup

Anybody on here using porsche front brakes, looking for some advice.

I can get hold of the mounting brackets, from a company in germany called MBT, i was told to go for the mono-block as the boxster.

But what discs?

im got 8x17 rims, so can't see a problem there.

A bit off subject i know but i upgraded to audi TT 312mm front brakes. These have transformed the car... now very sharp under braking. Just a thought prob a fraction of the price.

i was thinking of the TT set up, do the calipers fit straight on

i'd advise you to go the TT route as i doubt you'd get bremo's/porsche calipers behind RH ZW1's. I'm running big brakes but required a 30mm spacer. Flared arches made it possible.

yep, I am also using boxster S calipers with the MBT brackets, the blank ones that you drill and machine to your own offsets.

for discs I have 993 Carrera 4 turbo 323mm outers, on Audi TT fitment "MOV-IT" alloy bells. they sit a bit close to the hubs, but it's only on a tiny lug that doesn't actually do anything so I'm going to grind that off. I didn't want to use the VR^ disc offset as that would have sat the disc too far out into the wheel, I wanted the disc to be as far 'in' as possible so I had a greater choice of wheels that will clear the caliper. even so, I'm still going to have a thicker bell made up #9rather than run a space) to space the wheel out a further 3mm to cllear.

I would sell yout he bells but I think i#ll use them on the rear if I can find a suitable disc size to use with the r32 rear calipers.

I've be ding a full thread on my brake set up as and when I do it over the next month anyway so that should help you out loads if you're lokking into a similar setup.

the porsche bells are a mile off offset wise, they'll never go over the VR6 hubs, plus they will be for 5x130 fitment....

When I get my new bells machined up I'll ask the guy how much he wants to copy them to make a set up for you. I have some aerospace grade billet alloy i bought for some hub adapters years ago that never got used which is ideal for the job. actually, it's be easier if I sold you my Mov-it ones and had a matching pair made up for mine now I think about it.

open to offers on them, includiing the disc too as they have tiny crack starting to show from the holes. genuine porsche items AFAIK.