Sign in to follow this  
Ad2408

Rough start on 16v

With the ignition switched on in should energise, then you can de-energise it by disconnecting it.

Hopefully what you have done already will help, although these isv's are a pain in the arse when they start messing around.

well its ok'ish on idling when ive been driving then come to some lights etc and stop.

But ive STILL got troubles with the start in the morning?

It still sounds like its running on 3 for a few seconds?

Could this be linked to my VERY noisy fuel pump under the car, i am fitting a new fuel filter on saturday.

Any other ideas?

Could be, try the filter first.

I cannot remember for definate, but pretty sure there is a lift pump in the fuel tank on these, there is a gauze strainer on it's pick up which can get blocked, it will restrict fuel flow to the main pump of blocked making it noisy and as i experienced in my Golf GTI reducing performance and eventually not running at all.

It's easy enough to check, by pulling the boot carpet up, removing the inspection plate, and then removing the fuel sender housing.

are they easy to replace, the gause part on the lifter pump?

They would be, but there is no need to replace it. You just need to remove it off the bottom of the lift pump and clean the sediment out of it. I'm not 100% sure yours will have one, I am sure I've looked on mine but it was ages ago and I just cannot remember. Hopefully someone else can confirm it.

To be honest it is quite an easy job to do anyway, so if it was me I'd have a look.