Sign in to follow this  
Kezbo

Audi A3 queries

Apologies for not being corrado related, but can anyone shed some light on these 2 queries?

Anyone know if A3 brake calipers (front and rear) retract under pressure or are they the twist and push type? Is there a special tool for them?

The exhaust on my A3 is rattling big style. I jacked it up at the weekend and the exhaust support which is approx half way down the car has rusted so no longer supports the exhaust, the rubber mount is in a1 condition tho. Its the support that seams to have been attached to the exhaust then a small bar sits in a rubber support.

My question is, firstly:does anyone know which bit im talking about im talking about? Secondly: does this mount come attached to the exhaust from new or is it available seperate to weld on. The exhaust is all fine and i dont really want to replace the centre section just cos the mount has rusted!

Cheers guys

1 - same as all VAG cars, fronts push and rears turn (they use the same Lucas alloy rear caliper setup as the mkiv Golf)

2 - Without a pic it's dificult but sounds like it came welded, maybe fixable with a large jubilee clip?

Cheers for that. Where can i get one of those tools for turning the rear calipers? Im used to working on air cooledd vw's and they alwasy push!!

I took a pic of the mount, but downloaded it onto my parents computer then forgot to email it to myself! I expected that would have been welded to the exhaust from new, guess im gonna have to get the mig out and carry out some sort of repair.