Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

9A 16V.G60 problem...

I've got a problem on my 9A motored G60 engine,i can't get the engine to run stoich at idle,the engines always rich,lamba narrow band is always pegged on green even when idleing,the car starts perfectly,ecu hose is 1 meter long,black with yellow stripe,blue cts's ok,timing spot on,fuel pressure 3 bar at idle,now turned down to 2.6 bar,ditto,co pots set at 1600ohms which is theoreticly mega lean...no,still pumps out bloody black smoke,injectors are off a Lancia delta integrale,beige top weber marelli types that i can find NO info at all on those damm injectors,and i live in Italy...original digifant G60 ecu+eeprom.

I've run out of ideas,any suggestions????

Hi dubcharged,i've been looking for you mate,i've had no luck getting any info on those obscure Delta IAW injectors,did you have any luck?,i'm thinking of phoning J,walley lancia down in the UK and asking them if they know how many ccs the delta injectors produce.

It's ironic that an Italian produced car has so little info available even here in Rome were there are still quite a few deltas running.

I still have a set of green top G60 bosch OE injectors,what do you think dubcharged?,as an emergency stop gap will those injectors be okay untill i get my chip from you?,thanks,Andrew.

What pulley size are you running?

Perhaps the easiest thing would be to put a set of 30lb Red Top injectors in. You'll know what you have and we can supply a map for that no problem.

Standard pulley for now,i was thinking the same thing about the red top injectors,tell you what,let me know how much those injectors+mapped chip and postage will cost and that should settle the running issues, 1 thing that's very important is the rev limit,i need it raised to 7500 rpm,no worries about blowin the compressor as i've got 2 spare.

The standard injectors with stock pulley and chip will run fine if you take it easy and set up the co ok.

The reason you're G60 is running like it is isn't because of the EPROM. There is a pressure line (small...about 1/4 inch in diameter) that feeds the Digifant control unit with the manifold pressure. The pressure line starts at the throttle body and goes to the Digifant control unit. The line needs to be exactly 1 meter long and it needs to be connected to the correct port on the throttle body. If either of these requirements are not met, the engine goes into a sort of "safe mode" where it makes the car run extremely rich. This problem happened to me. I moved the pressure line to the port right next to it and it solved the problem. I wouldn't mess with the FP or anything like that because you will encounter a lean condition once you fix the pressure line problem. I'd say it's about a 95% chance that the pressure line is your problem's source. Good luck.

First thing i checked mate,1 meter long,right diameter black hose with yellow stripe,the bottom nipple on the throttle body is for the carbon canister which i have removed,the nipple is sealed off,it's that bloody 'digilag' that's the problem,i might ri-install my IAW/weber injection and see if i can get that system ri-mapped,no one here in Rome knows much about modding an original 8valve G60 let alone a 2.0 16valve model...

You`ll need 42lb injectors at least really if you use anything other than stock pulley, I had 350cc/mins static at 6500 rpm on my 1.8 16vG60 with the 78mm.

I`m running Megasquirt now, partly due to the rich idle (never got it sorted), 42lb injectors at 4bar fuel pressure are nicely fueling mine on a 65mm pulley (1 bar boost).

Allright keith?,how your motor going mate?,you've got an exact replica of my old golf 2 turbo-16,mine was black with team dynamics wheels,god i miss that motor!, i here you about that damm idle,mine's the same,basicly all over the place when out of cold start mode.

I tried raising the fuel pressure,messing with the CO pot,driving around with the full throttle switch taped down,disconecting the 02 sensor,nothing helped alot,there's also an annoying flatspot at exactly 2900rpm add the horrendus digilag and 1 starts to get pissed off,i'll rip it all out and put a more user friendly system in.

Hello mate, mines going great at the moment (toutch wood!). Getting it prepped for it`s first trackday as a 16vg60.

SNS can get rid of the lag, it was terrible in mine as well.. There`s at least 4 or 5 16vG60`s on Megasquirt getting good results, worth a go. With a wideband tuning`s a piece of p1ss!

When mine was warmed up and into closed loop on digi1 the idle sorted itself out (with the G60 greens), think it may have some trouble with the 510`s in at the moment..

On the MS it hot/cold starts perfectly great warmup and no flatspots.

I have'nt the faintest idea mate,there are only a couple of rolling roads in Rome,all are horrendesly expensive and the operators aren't all that clued up when it comes to G60s,take them a delta,cosworth WRX etc and that's a different matter,i'm thinking of actually driving down to England and getting my car sorted by people who know what there doing.