Sign in to follow this  
rmn

rear strut braces

I have been looking at rear strut braces and have had a look at a few types.

has anyone any experience with the neuspeed one?

Neuspeed strut brace

or what recomendations do people have?

The Neuspeed one is the best by miles as it's triangulated and has 4 anchors points. A lot of thought went into it's design but less consideration about ease of fitment and reversability. And it's very expensive, over £200.

I'd personally get the trimsport one which requires no drilling at all and costs £90. It's the one that looks bodgy using 'exhaust clamps', LOL, but I hear it's good. Your car might be a stiff un and not need bracing, so it's better to find out with an easily reversible one that one that's going to leave your boot swiss cheesed.

The Neuspeed one is the best by miles as it's triangulated and has 4 anchors points. A lot of thought went into it's design but less consideration about ease of fitment and reversability. And it's very expensive, over £200.

I'd personally get the trimsport one which requires no drilling at all and costs £90. It's the one that looks bodgy using 'exhaust clamps', LOL, but I hear it's good. Your car might be a stiff un and not need bracing, so it's better to find out with an easily reversible one that one that's going to leave your boot swiss cheesed.

Cheers Kev, i think that might be a good start, my car is going to be concrete if i can ever get it bac k from the body shop :lol: , the prob with mates doing the work, not that i am complaining

i saw the trimsport one before and do like it, do you run one Kev?

I haven't got one yet....Trimsport didn't have any in stock when I wanted one, but might try again when the charger is all done and finished off properly.

Have you thought about a welded in cage? Would be better than bracing!!

I haven't got one yet....Trimsport didn't have any in stock when I wanted one, but might try again when the charger is all done and finished off properly.

Have you thought about a welded in cage? Would be better than bracing!!

i have a wiechers cage waiting to be collected and then fitted, also some mods to front subframe and wishbones, its not a daly driver but i want to be able to have fun on track with it :twisted:

I know a bolt in cage is not as good but it will do for now, i also dont want to loose my boot

Whats sort of spec are you hoping for with your car when finished?

Kev, Will the Trimsport one still fit even with the amp rack and moulded sub box. I was looking at the Trimsport one but wanted to get all teh stereo in first to see if it would still fit!

Saw one at GTI Trackshow that was identical for only £70

Bolt ins are OK, it's just that you can't argue with weld when it comes to mating two surfaces together :)

When is a project ever finished? LOL!

It's about 95% there....just needs a respray and some braces and that's it really. Not into tracking my daily driver, I'd rather have a dedicated car for that. So as a daily usable car that is still tractable, easy to drive and reliable, it's there :lol:

Kev, Will the Trimsport one still fit even with the amp rack and moulded sub box. I was looking at the Trimsport one but wanted to get all teh stereo in first to see if it would still fit!

Saw one at GTI Trackshow that was identical for only £70

Good question, I *think* it just might because the moulded sub box stops before the turret and the amp panel can be 'relieved' a bit if need be, I can't remember where the amp panel sits in relation to the turret.

:lol: @ Kev, projects are never finished!

i had plans and they all changed, you have it worked out then you read about something else and it seems a really good idea an d then you change what your doing.

I want my car to look fairly standard outside, just with the cage, not for looks for functionality :lol:

now i gotta get stuck in, having a daily driver corrado and a project is a nice way to be