Sign in to follow this  
TheWizardofOdds

Starting problems

Hi,

I've now owned my new(to me)VR6 for a few weeks(what a car!)but have had a little trouble the last few days starting the car.The Vr runs great but when i turn the ignition the engine starts, catches for a second and then dies.The only way around this has been to apply heavy revs then it catches and drives off no problem.This morning it started no problem.Could anyone give me an indication as to the possible cause of this and what i can do to fix it..Thanks.Oh...i nearly forgot,the ABS light has been on since i bought the car,but everything seems fine except for the actual ABS switch being loose!!.Anyone?

yep ive had the same thing with a 2L valver except for the ABS light, the car has problems starting after a short journey i have to give it a bit of throttle to get it going, ive had this problem for a while and i had the car Dino tested and cleaned some connectors and couldnt find anything out of the ordinary it has me stumped, so any help from the great corrado minds on this fourm would help

Okay,i didnt realise that this was such a common problem.Have been trawling lots of earlier posts and have noted the suggestions within.The ABS seems to be another common problem(well,at least the warning lamp)the 'joys' of owning an older car i suppose.I just hope that i can find the solution to this problem early and without great expense as i would ideally like to spend my hard earned cash on bodywork and such-like.Oh well.. :?

i also had the ignition timer reset but it still hasent solved the problem, and now im afraid that if i take the short journey to the shops for something that ill be left stranded in the carpark :shock: so now when ever i bring the raddo anywhere i always go the long way :lol: and its a pain in the eye