Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Brake Pedal Pressure Problem on a 2.0 16v

A mate has a 2.0 16v C. She's seems to be getting really low pressure on the brake pedal! In fact it's taking till the pedal hits the floor before it stops the car, and even then it's braking badly.

Pads & disc are fine, fluid is fine. What's she looking at? Servo? Master Cylinder?

Cheers

Dan 8)

A mate has a 2.0 16v C. She's seems to be getting really low pressure on the brake peddle! In fact it's taking till the peddle hits the floor before it stops the car, and even then it's braking badly.

Pads & disc are fine, fluid is fine. What's she looking at? Servo? Master Cylinder?

Cheers

Dan

Is the pedal very spongey or does it gradually sink to the floor?, latter is usually master cylinder.

David.

Could also be a vac leak...

Where's the vac leak likely to be do you think? As I said before, I haven't done this myself before, so not sure really where to start looking.

Peddle :lol:

The Spellin gits worse on ere everyday dun it...

The "gits" on here get worse every day too :roll:

Thanks for the help btw,

Just looked at mine and see the hose. Thanks, I'll check it out.

If it needs a new master cylinder, is it a case of emptying the reservoir, undoing the two main bolts and old one comes out, new one goes in, then obviously bleed the brakes.

Cheers

up

not a great help, but a haynes manual covering the 88-92 passat covers most of what you need including the same ABS system used on Corrados of the same age, I've never actually done a master cylinder myself but it is covered in Haynes.

David.