Sign in to follow this  
64 SPLIT

MFA bits not working...

The MFA on my 16Valver only shows oil temp, outside temp, time and elapsed journey time and not the MPG (which I'd like to know as it seems to be pretty crap at the mo!) and something else doesn't display either which I can't remember!

Also the rear spoiler doesn't activate at speed, only off the switch, so I was wondering if both things could be related - ie. is there a sender off the gearbox that feeds info to both items that may be knackered?

Where does MFA get its reading from for the MPG?

If the sender on the gearbox is skyward, speddo would be dead. Not put a stereo ICE in recently?

The previous owner has fitted an aftermarket stereo set up in the car. Speedo (dial guage) works fine, but average speed and MPG on the MFA don't work.

Is there a way to get it working again with an aftermarket stereo installed?

I've read on here that there should be a blue wire with a white trace behind the stereo but I've looked and can't see one - only wires coming from the actual headunit itself ?!

check the vacuum hose on the back of the clocks is plugged in and follow it into the engine bay to make sure it isn't damaged, does your spoiler raise of the dash switch?

I recover this post, to know the way it was solved (if it was..)

because I have the same problem. I have disconnected the blue/white wire and the spoiiler doesn't work, and neither does the mfa (but oil temp, driving time do). however, in the mfa cheat mode, mpg does work :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: