Sign in to follow this  
Spykee

Whats the Biggest Alloys Without Arch Rubbing?

hi all,

i was just wondering what the biggest alloys are that you can put on the Corrado without having them rubbing the wheel arches?

i have seen some nice ones but some are only available in 18" and up :?

cheers,

Alex

mine are 17x8 with a 60mm drop, no rubbing problems with day to day driving but they will catch if you're giving it some serious stick on the bends.

Yeah the BBS Rc are good wheels, light to at 17lbs!!! Also keep the OEM look. Think thee two are my fav wheels, although Chrishills wheels are a nice variation on the theme. I take it you needed spacers for your wheels though??

fortunatly i've got the assitance of a couple of people who know what they're doing, if i'd done it myself i proabably would have lost a few fingers and set fire to something! after seeing it done though, it looked fairly easy.

im fancying a set of BBS RC alloys, i rekon they look really nice!

they are nice rims.. becoming hard to find.. i dont have many issues with rubbing..

I heard that before mate.. but never heard anyone actually get them from them!!

all I say is if they can get them bonus!!

right then....... am i understanding correctly that its 17x8's are the biggest you can put under the arches without making any adjustments to arch liners, grinding things and the likes? whats the 'x8' bit all about??

what about wheel spacers? would i need these regardless?

my car is std ride height.

cheers,

x8 is the width, ie 8" wide. it depends on the offset too though, the lower the number, the further out the wheel sticks. IIRC the standard offset on a g60 is about 35, so look for wheels around that to ensure you dont have problems. the offset is generally referanced as 'et', so you'll be looking for 'et35' or as close as you can get to it.

aaah i think im with you now chrishill!

so is that how you get teh effect of wider rims on the back end to the front? i have seen some C's with fantastic looking split rims that alwas seem to be double the depth on hte back compared to the front ones?

is it any harder to get hold of tyres to fit if you go for wider ones?

i dotn want to do anny rolling of arches but i will lower it slightly in the future so i just want to know how wide is best to look cool but not be a pain inthe ass to fit

cheers

like chris said, depends on offsets etc.. running spacers is good to clear coilovers or to just push the rim out more like Ive done with myn..

tyres arent a major issue.. I had a set of 205/40/17's fitted for mate on his 8.5x17's brocks.. they look facking good!