Sign in to follow this  
funky

rolling road

as most of you are aware ive been having some probs getting my c to run any sense with a chip and pulley,i had it in a rolling road shoot out today with the tt owners club in bristol and now i know whats the cause only 151 bhp at the flywheel 108 at the wheels GUTTED fuelling all ok ignition all ok good power considering the amount of boost was what i was told,basically supercharger is shot so now as well as replacing my clifford i now have to get the g rebuilt aswell

darren could you pm me a price for rebuild and porting

funky

i would try and get an replacment alarm unit of ebay, do a world wide search becasue the germans and amercians have clifford to. if you are lucky you could find a modual the same and just replace the brain!!

Whats up with the Clifford?

Mine died on me and refused to disarm, started with the blipper not working, so each time I got into the car I had to do the override switch for it and put it into Valet. Eventually even the valet mode started playing up, so I took it back to the garage I bought it from and Clifford replaced the brain in it.

Might be worth contacting clifford, or at least the garage that had it fitted?

Whats up with the Clifford?

They're crap, that's what's up with them.

People rave on about how good they are but I honestly can't see what the fuss is about.

I've known SEVERAL to fail or develop intermittent problems, including my own.

I enquired today about why the mess up so often and the technician said "it probably needs a £55 service". £55!! Sounds very fishy to me. £55 is enough to replace faulty components in the main module.....hmmmm

Kev

33hz, this is exactly what happened to my concept 50 i had fitted to my old golf. Weird thing was that when you disarmed the alarm and unplugged the unit, you could use the car as usual! It wasn't even immobilised.

In the end I binned it, best thing for the bucket of crap!

(sorry to stray off subject)

You will go for the poverty model though!

Get the Avant guard or at least the concept 400!

Take no notice of me i don't have one but if and when the cash apears i'd have one and use the remote start module to warm the C up on a cold morning before i venture out into the snow or rain!

I think they are good.

Chris