Sign in to follow this  
2cc

RATS! Leaking PAS Union

Bother, bother, bother.

So having taken the subframe and rack off the 16V 2 w/e ago with Yandards (cheers Yan), to fit new steering arms, I then had a bit of trouble refitting the fluid pipe unions. Not being sure how tight to do 'em up it took several attempts before it stopped leaking. And, of course, I was then out of fluid to top it up again.

So I got some more fluid last week and topped her up, and everything looked good. Even took her for a short drive this w/e to check all was OK. So I booked her in for front suspension align and MOT first thing tomorrow.

Tonight (at work) I thought I'd give her a wash and shine up, but as soon as I started her there's all sorts of wailing from my PAS pump. Blessed union leaking again and she's bled out all over the car park, not surfaced so it all soaked in. :(

Now I don't know whether the union/rack threads are knacked or what, so guess what I shall be doing after I get back from the Karmann trip!

Don't you just love 'em :roll:

Crapola sorry to hear that Chris.

Seems like we have something else to sort out when you get back as well as my 'rocco exhaust gasket thingy.

Phew! - it's not the VR6...

Not sure what to say about that really, I know the pipes are expensive from VW but a motor factor should be able to make new ones to match... but you don't think its the pipes?

Er, it could be the pump unfortunately, just be a bit of a pig to get in and out again on top of busted bit.

We will probably end up trying to run a tap and die over the relevant bits first I suspect.

Chris/Yan, count me in if you need help, even if its running erands!

Still owe you boys big time.

Really sorry to here that Chris, sounds worse than my barsteward C!

Cheers guys.

Shan't know exactly what's up till its all off the car again.

Thinking of dissing both pipes, from reservoir and pump, still attached to the rack as will be easier to deal with them on the bench/floor.

Never mind, the VR is all super shiny and ready for Germany.