Sign in to follow this  
pukka96er

VR6 ENGINE REBUILD

Can anyone help me ?? Had to rebuild my k reg corrado vr6 last year stealth done my rebore and supplied 82.5 mahle pistons.My fitter then had crankshaft done,overhauled all nessesary parts with cylinder head heads,valves and guides.All gaskets,big end,main bearings,timing chains,bigend shells,conrod bolts hydraulic followers the list goes on £1060.00 parts £904.75 stealth work and labour.

15,000 miles on racing a m3 (old one) stopped racing and slowed hearing very dodgy noises from engine no power and got worse cut out in traffic and spluttering engine really really rattling drove it to fitter who took off head checked top end and fine so he said must be bottom end!!!!

Any ideas what it could be had enough with this corrado cost me a fortune already wondering whether to just get a secondhand engine and transplant or get him to take apart again ??????

So the rebuild is a mixture of Stealth and your local place?

Stealth don't do rebores, they farm it out to a local machine shop. They just reassamble the engine when the heavy machining has been done. It's not cost effective for tuners like Stealth do that sort of work in house as the machinery costs an absolute bomb.

Anyway, your guy said it could be the block..... you need something a bit more conclusive than that tbh. Did he do any compression or leak down tests? Are you sure the problem wasn't caused by an ancillary device? Worn out fuel pump, iffy sensors etc?

Unless you give the engine death every where you drive, I find it unlikely a 15K old engine would be knackered already.

I would be chasing for rectification of the problem from those involved in the rebuild personally.