Sign in to follow this  
marksvr6

removing door cards

guys,

Quick and easy. my drivers window has fell out of the track and I need to remove the doorcard to sort it out. is it the same as the mk2 golfs or what do I need to do to get it off?

Just taken mine off, the only thing not so obvious is the screw under the speaker grill.

Didn't have one of them on mine but that might be because it's the late interior in an early car. Sorry mate. Where is the screw under the grill anyway?

Mines a 93 Vr, if you pop the speaker grill from the door card there is a recessed screw front edge.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

2 screws in open part. 1 in closed. take out lockpin,door card off. 1 billion looms to disconnect. motors screwed. put it all back together (with a heavy piece of wood jammed up to keep the window shut.

Gadddddddddammmmmmmmmmmn it

100,000 miles on sunday avo. reverse into a bollard on sunday night. drivers window falls out on tuesday. blow out last wed. F************** ELL MATE!!!!

I have a window mechanism out of a 95 corrado £20 + p&p if your interested

Cheers, but Igot sorted yesterday for 30 quid. damn sight better than VAG's quote of 180 +VAT+fitting. barstewards!!!!!!!

Believe it or not VW have a special tool for removing the door cards off a C, its like a pickle fork. and is used to remove the card from the bottem clips.

Believe it or not VW have a special tool for removing the door cards off a C, its like a pickle fork. and is used to remove the card from the bottem clips.

and I bet they use it every time!!!! :wink:

why? the clips are just rests for the card to sit on - doesn't need a tool

Mines a 93 Vr, if you pop the speaker grill from the door card there is a recessed screw front edge.

no wonder i could'nt get mine off :lol: