Sign in to follow this  
Dub_nut_g60

plastic watery leaky thing

ok yee font of all knowldege that is the forum!

i have a water leak from the pastic housing bit on the right of the engine (g60) (when standing facing car!)

ive been told its an easy job to replace, but does anyone have any ideas what its actually called? or have a part number??? i really dont wanna sound like a complete tit when i phone up to get a new one!!

i know i should use the search but am i the only one who can never find what i want???

Cheers guys

Andy

i think the correct term is " flange " mate :D

they're a bugga for leaking!, good news is that they're only a few quid!.

Get the O ring as well. Consider doing the one on the front of the head as well, while dropping the coolant out.

Gavin

items 1 and 3 I think.

EDIT not as clever as I thought I was. :roll: Screen shot of the right page in ETKA.

one thing worth checking when you remove the plastic flange is any pitting where the o-ring used to sit against the head, i had a few small pits where coolant had been leaking past the knackered seal for a long time and had erroded the head slightly, i just cleaned out the pitted bits and skimmed some automotive silicone gasket sealent into them and let it dry before i reasembled it, if you dont fill these pits it they may just get worse