Sign in to follow this  
Dboy

re GMax kits

re GMax kits on other post.

I used a GMax kit on my previous C - i feel im fortunate enough to still

have all my teeth inplace! ....just

I have spent time @ GMax factory (one of the reasons i used a GMax kit ...they gave me a nice discount which i really couldnt turn down) so have seen the engineering and testing that goes into the kits. Obviously it has to meet certain regulations and are 'safe', but they are much better suited for track use than road.

I am after a new set of springs for my C at the mo , but even with discount, i would still rather spend the extra and have a better ride.

Hope this helps Dubster 8)

Cool cheers Davey boy!

Any other recommendations? Was just flicking through the mags and realised that they seem quite cheap, and its kits like those (g-max, apex etc..) you see on Smaller cars like corsa's (well i take it thats why a guy at work put the sticker on his car :lol:) but dont know if they're bought just because they are cheap, or if pepole actually really rate them?

i reckon its a price thing! certainly was for me, but as i said, i would rather wait and pay the extra for a decent ride, cos you'll probably end up spending it on dentistry anyway pmsl :lol:

I've had g-max suspension on a mk2 golf and was pretty pleased with it. Pretty sure that g-max kits are rebagded jamex stuff though, jamex of which was good but I had 2 separate failures with the rear shocks. Abit scary when cornering and all of a sudden the stearing completely changes. Soon learn't how to change them, warranty didn't cover fitting.

G max are actually Jamex I believe as they bought jamex out a couple of years ago I ve got the jamex sport kit on my G60 which I have had on there for 3 years now and it was previously on my mk2 gti for a year before that and the shocks are still going strong I really like the handling they give as you can really chuck it about on the road and they perform really well sometimes the stiffness is a little off putting if you hit a pot hole they rattle your bones but apart from that they're really good if your after a reasonable ride then the -30-40 springs give a much smoother ride than the -80mm I ve got so I ve been told

jamex is now raceland....

Any opinions on Raceland stuff then? or is it identical to the Jamex stuff Ant is talking about? I've heard there coilovers are pretty good, but hows their kits? anyone know?

jamex is now raceland....

Any opinions on Raceland stuff then? or is it identical to the Jamex stuff Ant is talking about? I've heard there coilovers are pretty good, but hows their kits? anyone know?

try PM'ing john munyard he told me to avoid raceland(well their coil-overs anyway) for very good reasons........i'm sure he'll tell you the "whys & hows"...........i'm not going to bother as you probably won't believe me........btw thats not a cue for any snide/smart-a***or snipey remark

try PM'ing john munyard he told me to avoid raceland(well their coil-overs anyway) for very good reasons........i'm sure he'll tell you the "whys & hows"...........i'm not going to bother as you probably won't believe me........btw thats not a cue for any snide/smart-a***or snipey remark

Ill try just that.

I know after speaking to a guy that had their coilovers on his 16v C that they dont seem able to take "heavy" driving. I'm sure their Kits are the same, though i read some opinions saying that they are quite comfy and i reckon thats all she is after. its more just for looks, thats why i thought i'd ask, but if there is problems, might aswel avoid them.

Cheers for the Advice.

btw thats not a cue for any snide/smart-a***or snipey remark

You Wouldn't of even got one anyway.

Sticking a Raceland coilover kit on my car next weekend. I'll let you know what the ride is like.

Fitting the kit mainly for looks. Not really bothered if the ride is a bit unforgiving - I used to run a Merc 190E 2.6 which was dropped on it's knackers, I kind of got to like the bumpy ride.

The VFM leaders seem to be Venom Motorsports. They can do the Supersport coilover kit for the VR6Corrado for £464.13 and their own Corrado VR6 kit for 188 inc VAT. Any one have any experience with these?

I was thinking about this kit for my Girlfriends polo but i think i've tracked down a set called powertech (from Reiger actually i think) only height adjustable, but i can get them for £350!!! Great. Im getting them from a guy that aint too far away. He reckons the top adjustables will come in about £480 though, but aint got the full price list yet? I was surfing for coilovers last night actually on Venom's page too but i forgot if the supersport are fully adjustable?