Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

Golf GT

This looks like a nice alternative to the expensive GTI, 1.4 FSi engine with a “Twincharger” producing 170BHp and 220Nm !

The supercharger compensates for turbo lag giving it a 0-60 in 7.2 8)

They are calling it the GT TSI there is also a 170TDi coming out under the same GT badge. New BBS wheels on it also :D

010.jpg

026.jpg

Wonder what sort of supercharging tech its using.. wonder if VW are going to be making a new production run of G-Laders? ;)

Wonder what sort of supercharging tech its using.. wonder if VW are going to be making a new production run of G-Laders? ;)

Yea me too, surely they wont be using g-laders, I have thought they'd be using a lysholm 8)

Is it twin supercharged?

Looks like a great car, didn't someone else post something similar on here about this car?

Turbo petrol cars with vvt or fsi seems to be the way forward, nice and tuneable too.

Would be nice to see that car going around, without the gt badge and suprising a few people.

So they are bringing out the 168TDI in the golf then? Surely this means that Seat will be producing an even more powerful version in the the Leon/Ibiza!?

180+bhp!? Should be very easily achievable, and will silence Toyota with there D4D CAT or what ever they are calling it due to be out soon.

Im sure its been mentioned here before its been in development a while, these are the first pics I’ve seen of it tho, There is a decent article up on vortex about it.

Link

Cracking performance from a 1.4 will show up the cooper S for sure. Rumour is the 1.6 and 2.0 FSi engines will get the same treatment in various VW/Audi models (300+Bhp S3 :lol:)

Is it twin supercharged?

No mate, its Supercharged and turbo charged its called compound charging I beleive. Fisrt used on the Lancia Delta S4 as far as I know

s46.jpg

wow, sounds very interesting, but will you still lose top end from the supercharger?

I was beginning to think VAG might be slipping a bit in the old engine department with petrols, perhaps they have redeemed themselves? 8)

wow, sounds very interesting, but will you still lose top end from the supercharger?

No cus the turbo kicks in at 3500rpm !

boost pressure of the “Twincharger” is approx. 2.5 bar at 1500 rpm- NICE :twisted:

supercharger being operated with about the same pressure ratio (approx. 1.53)

2.5 bar????? are they crazy? I'm sure a 1.4 isn't going to withstand that pressure unless the've fitted forged pistons etc

2.5 bar is like 36psi!

So what you are saying is that this baby will pull like a diesel from 1,500 rpm, but unlike a diesel, it will keep going to 6K+ rpm?

Isnt the mk5 gti supposed to have a very similar torque curve tho?

From vortex

"The focus in developing the “Twincharger” engine was placed on designing a new, highly resilient grey cast iron cylinder crankcase in order to withstand the high pressure of up to 21.7 bar over long periods, a water pump with integrated magnetic clutch and supercharging technology."

All the plus of a turbo with no lag :)

So what you are saying is that this baby will pull like a diesel from 1,500 rpm, but unlike a diesel, it will keep going to 6K+ rpm?

Isnt the mk5 gti supposed to have a very similar torque curve tho?

More like 7000Rpm ! More torque than the Gti as far as I know?

039.jpg

028.jpg

Any news on VW bringing on a more 'enthusiast' style golf? in light of the VXR and forthcoming CTR. Or maybe they will just leave that for SEAT. And what news of the next S3? will it be a twin charged 2.0?

Any news on VW bringing on a more 'enthusiast' style golf? in light of the VXR and forthcoming CTR. Or maybe they will just leave that for SEAT. And what news of the next S3? will it be a twin charged 2.0?

Id say the S3 will have the 2.0 TSi alright should be a sweet car when it comes out. What about the next RS6? 4.2TSi 8)

Haha, didn't think about that the RS4is n/a 4.2 V8 tho as apparently Audi aren't going down the non FI route. Should still be a good match for the next V8 M3 (400+bhp) tho.

On the other scale, this TSI engine in the polo would be very interesting too.

I had a feeling it was going into the polo but it would outperform the current GTi ! It will prob take a yr or two for that to happen, or at least until the R34 or whatever comes out.

I bet it won't be as fun as one of these!!!

K10 March Super Turbo

930cc with Twin charge (supercharged and Turbo)

C&P

The March (Nissan Micra in Europe) was originally offered in 1982 and is still around today in Japan and Europe, where there is also a Nismo version with intake, exhaust, suspension, and Rays rims (they get all the tasty cars). A turbo model was introduced in 1985, but the twincharged version was available from 1989-1992 and only sold in Japan and Malaysia. The March Super Turbo version had an inline 4 electronically fuel-injected 930cc single overhead cam turbo and supercharged engine, the MA09ERT. Only 110 hp at stock 0.7 bars of boost (about 10.3 psi), it was still practical to almost double the boost to get an extra 20-30 hp. At only 1700 pounds, the Super Turbo was capable of 0-60 in only 7.5 seconds.

In a box that weighs less than 650kilos - it sounds like fun

seems most modern cars are engineered out the word 'fun', and replaced it with the word 'safety' and 'comfort' LOL, and of course big bhp doesn not equal big fun. My 130bhp 205 1.9 was the most fun car I ever owned.

seems most modern cars are engineered out the word 'fun', and replaced it with the word 'safety' and 'comfort' LOL, and of course big bhp doesn not equal big fun. My 130bhp 205 1.9 was the most fun car I ever owned.

I agree however im optimistic about this new GT Id say it will make nice noise also.

I was beginning to think VAG might be slipping a bit in the old engine department with petrols, perhaps they have redeemed themselves? 8)

It looks like the supercharger is on a magnetic clutch from the block drawing and switing off after 3.5k

Engine tranplant for the Rado anyone? :lol:

Let's face it: Nice engine, shame about the packaging :lol:

Tempest

There's a MK5 R32 being unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

I'd agree with that, my most fun Car is definitely still my Rocco Storm with 1.9, lairy Shrick-cammed. Just sooooo chuckable.