Sign in to follow this  
MarkGolf

Diff bolt

You mean the crownwheel bolts? VW do a diff bolt kit which is over £100.... have a word with Vince at Stealth, he might be able to get them cheaper as he regularly builds boxes. Or you could contact Peloquin in the states.

The only reason to replace these is if fitting a Quaife/Peloquin, rebuilding a box or if a pin has sheard off. If the latter, chances are other damage will have occured. You need to press the bolts into the crownwheel aswell, so it's not DIY really.

Ah ok!

Thought it would be a DIY thing as a mate was telling me about the pins giving way, so a bolt is a recommended upgrade!!

I'll hang it out and wait until I get the box Stealthed! Defo want a peloguin/quaife differential! Would love to do it all now but the cash needs to go into so much else beforehand! :( Is a shame I will be putting everything back together only to be pulling it out all over again :(

The pins giving way is an age old VW problem but it's so sporadic, it's hard to say when they'll pop. I've read about 15K Audi TTs throwing pins and also MK1 Golfs doing 400K on the original ones.... there's really no way of predicting it, but bolts is great for peace of mind as they won't ever shear.

The ATB is highly recommended, gives you so much more grip in almost every circumstance. It's worth putting aside an extra £500 for it when you do the clutch or get the box redone.