Sign in to follow this  
.Rich.

Newb Questions

Sorry if this has been asked a million and one times. I have done a search but it goes over my head lol.

I have a few questions, which are probably pretty basic but as i know nothing about cars (yet) and cant seem to find a decent site explaining different things im asking you lot :)

Firstly, my corrado's ride is abit harsh so im thinking of upgrading the suspension (and lowering a bit) at some point but i cant afford that just yet so what else can i change in the mean time?

Ive heard alot of talk about bushes, bearing, top mounts, wish bones etc etc but i dont know/understand what these are and what they do?

I think these are all original on my corrado so pressumably they would be worth changing?

So what would you recommend i change and could you just give me a quick idea of what it is/does?!

Or alternatively give me a url for a site with a sort of car part dictionary or something lol!

Thanks for your help!

Dunno, but I suggest a bit of bush :cat:

Seriously though the "ride" (i'll resist a pun here) should not be too harsh. Maybe get your Raddo up on a ramp at a garage you trust & get them to check out shocks/springs etc, any duff items can then be first priority.

a lot of things will add to the ride being harsh , 17" wheels due to a smaller side wall on the tyre, worn bushes or top mounts, worn or lowered supension/springs

top mounts - these are donut shaped rubber that sit at the top of the front strut, between the strut and top of the front wing

wishbone - this links the bottom of the suspension to the cars body, if you look at the bottom of the front strut you will see - ball joint-wishbone (also called the control arm)

hth