Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

replacement temp sensors (blue and yellow)

when i changed the perished o-ring on the blue temp sensor i noticed the metal face was tarnished, so i decided its probably a good idea to swap it for a new one since they're fairly cheap. I also want to change the yellow one since the water temp guage on the dash has never worked and as I understand it thats what the yellow one does. can anyone confirm that these are the correct parts to get from euro car parts? blue ones obvious but its the yellow one i'm unsure on, I hear they're no longer yellow from the dealer?

DANSK n/a 460440400 TEMPERATURE SENDER

2 Pin Blue £7.25

and

REPLACEMEN n/a 460440690 THERMO SWITCH-COOLING (2 PIN) VARIOUS VW/AUDI (BLACK/GREEN)

2 Pin Black/Green

ta

The replacement for the yellow one I got from the dealer is black and blue, not black and green. I'll try to find the part number but I expect I've lost the receipt by now.

And it's probably changed anyway!

--

Olly

top man, that'll be a dealer job then, its just theres an ECP 2mins from work so i can pop in for the blue sensor on my dinner rather than waiting til the weekend.

Chris, i don't believe there's anything wrong with the sensors, but you can swap with mine to check and compare at the weekend, if you want to change them you can donate the old ones to me.

I think the dash is at fault there as all the sensors did work from memory.

I changed the rad temp sensor and everything is working great now, running cool and right without the bloody fans kicking in at speed 3 and running til the battery was flat!

Chris

No sense in changing those sensors just because they are tarnished. That won't affect the operation in the slightest. You'd be dull if you spent 24-7 in coolant. :lol:

Save the money and buy lottery tickets or have a pint.

Gavin

nah chris, one of the things you pointed out to me when i bought the car off you was that the water temp sensor didnt work! :lol: I know the dash is wrong, and i'll be changing it, but at the moment the only thing thats 'out' is the revs so IMO its not a big deal.

if tarnish isnt a big deal i can leave the blue one alone, but i still think swapping the yellow one over might be a good idea since as i say the water temp guage on the dash has -never- worked so it could be faulty.