Sign in to follow this  
Henny

what happened to my engine?!?

I'm having a slight problem starting my car at the moment... :lol:

The head gasket started to blow water outta the side of the head, so I thought, "hey, if the head's gotta come off, and it could do with a rebuild anyway, why not get it polished, ported and gas flowed while I'm at it???" Like you do... :roll: :lol:

The end result is that I've learned a lot about how to strip G60 engines (stupid me, trying to do it on my own! :roll: ) and am waiting for my uprated head so that I can put the HUGE pile of bits back together in time for Tatton...

I just thought I'd share the photo with you all... :D

While the heads out of the way you should be polishinmg everything with a tooth brush :lol:

Been there mate, my best tip is to clean all the parts, have them bagged up ready to fit, and do it in the kitchen when the wifes out :D keep it all clean, even the new head should get a hose down in case of any swarf in the oil ways.

It will be worth it when its up and running again.

What is it with Corrados blowing head gaskets at the moment?

Kev

Could just be the hot weather, the poor old dears just aren't used to it... :roll: :lol:

Mine's 'cos some $#!t reversed into me and smashed my headlights... Unfortunately the shock of the impact jolted the fan which made the fan's bearings go which overheated the car and caused the head gasket to start to leak.... :roll: :mad:

I reckon that one trip to the Trafford Center has cost me around £1500 now... And I never even got to the shops 'cos it happened as I was walking across the carpark... :cry:

Hi Henny,

whereabouts are you based? I've just joined today, from South Cheshire myself - don't see many Corrados around so I'll keep an eye out!

Cheers,

Tim

whereabouts are you based?

I'm in Congleton... Although I work in Salford and spend too much time there... :roll:

Where in Cheshire are you?

whereabouts are you based?

I'm in Congleton... Although I work in Salford and spend too much time there... :roll:

Where in Cheshire are you?

Salford I hope you dont take your car to work, i used to live in salford while i was at the uni there. one rough area.

Salford I hope you dont take your car to work, i used to live in salford while i was at the uni there. one rough area.

Yup, I park my car outside of work every day (when it's running at least! :roll: ) but I fitted the CCTV system here and have a 32" TV in my office that shows my car all day long! 8) The big guard dogs along with the guaranteed 3 minute armed police call out system also help keep her where I left her! :shock: :evil: :2gunfire:

The bit I work in is OK, It's in the Quays area and is actually rather nice in this good weather... apart from the work bit... :roll: :lol:

are salford quays, know it well Uni boat race every year LOL. so the C is better protected at work than home then lol.

so the C is better protected at work than home then lol.

I wouldn't go that far.... :wink:

The alarm system I built for my garage at home is a little bit "interesting"... :lol:

If you can break into the garage and steal the car in under 30 seconds you'll have done well, or have stolen my keys... :roll:

Upto 60 seconds and you'll have problems hearing for a couple of hours...

Under 2 mins and you'll have hearing problems for a long while... :?

Over 2 mins and you may never hear properly again! :shock: :lol:

Bearing in mind that I struggle to get into the garage, open the main door and get into/start the car in under 2 mins, and I think that it's about as safe as I can make it... 8)

YAY! I just finished the re-build!!! She started first time and smoked like a chimney for a couple of minutes, but is now spot on again! 8) :D :D

I can feel the difference in torque even on the short test run I just had as the sun was setting.... Gas Flowed head + Stage4 G60 = FUN! :lol: 8)

Now to wash her and get to Tatton in the morning! 8)