Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

CAM TIMING MARKS & CRANKSHAFT TIMING MARKS?

Works ok for me, try downloading again and this time right clicking and saving to yer local pc, then opening...

If that doesn't work then update your version of adobe (acrobat) reader.

still not working, keeps opening it in word pad

Err... yeah, re-installing/updating Adobe Reader should fix it but it sounds like your file associations have gone haywire...

OPEN My Documents...

Tools > Folder OPTIONS > File Types

Something that just occurred to me, what have you done to the engine that you need to reset the timing? Because that guide tells you how to set it with the flywheel and bottom timing cover removed. If you have just had the head off with the engine in the car it will be different, there's probably a mark on the flywheel or something.....

ok give me time, I'm not very good with comps, this thing is quite old, still running on 800hz, LOL, even if I have got b/band. not bad for £50 tho! LOL

just changing valve seals, got all the stretch bolts and gaskets, but my friend is doing it for me, he has told me he has marked it anyway, but was just checking out of curiosity. Flywheel/gearbox are still connected.

There's a pointed arrow on one of the camshaft pulleys, you look through a hole in the pulley and line it up with a mark on the head. You set the camshafts relative to each other ideally by using a tool (but any bit of sheet metal will do) in the opposite end of the camshafts, there's an offset notch which is set horizontally and the tool locks the camshafts together. The crankshaft can either be set by the marks on the flywheel or by the tiny notch on the pulley at the other end, lined up with the mark on the block. There is more to setting the timing than this, but that's where the marks are. Have a look at the How-To by 2cc too.