Sign in to follow this  
morpheus20170

What are Blue Ignitor Leads???

probably 8mm or more thick,made of silicone,supposedly give you a stronger spark..i paid £118 for my magnecour leads for my vr6...but only because i was desperate :shock:

So I good investment then?

But then I should have her looked over by a mechanic first to make sure that there aren't things that need doing first that I haven't noticed like the heavy accelerator pedal, hopefully that is just a bit of oil.

Cheers,

Paul

i wouldnt say a good investment,but they look good under the bonnet,better off spending your hard earned on a decent service

Blue Igniters are really good. I had a set on my first MK2 16V and carried them across to each of my 4 subsequent 16Vs! They're bomb proof. They are standard guage cable but very flexible and have OEM ends, not OE style, but the actual ends VW use.

They're expensive but the last set you'll ever buy.

Kev

morpheus20170, The heavy acclerator pedal is more than likely you cable.I changed mine and the difference it made. It is a series of all these little bits too that help. With in time the cable does streach so its not pulling the leaver hard enough as its slack.

I changed mine and I shit you not that the car reved much better subsequently the induction noise came in a lot earlier. Its not expensive, if you can, just get it from VW, you will be glad to have changed it mate - trust me. 3 off my other mates did the same from what I said and they were over the moon, and its nice and soft to hit the pedal to the medal!