Sign in to follow this  
wcrado

WUR mod 1.8 16v

ok i know you're all slating me cos i'm about to run carbs, here's your chance to try and save me....

i have heard in the past, and just now in my thread about carbs of this WUR mod on valvers, i get the general idea but how is it carried out? Diagrams, detailed descriptions, any guidance would help.

chop chop i've got a drill in my hand and i'm rairing to go!

It really needs doin on rollers.My timing is set to 9degrees advance,then control pressure on wur is set to 48psi when warm after setting system pressure to 5.4 bar and co level at 2%

If you must do it ya self,you need top drill through the tamper proof cap on back of wur and using the correct fuel pressure gauges turn the 6mm (i think) to lower the pressure to 48psi

You can't go messing without the pressure gauge. You'll not get it back as it was, if things go wrong.

Like Flusted says it should be done, whilst using a rolling road. That way you can see what improvements have been made.

Madly twiddling the 5mm allen bolt, won't achieve much.

Gavin

ok, guess i'll have to look into getting it done properly if my twin carbs idea doesn't come off. where's the best place to have it done? stealth? obviously just any rolling road tuner won't do, because they won't have the info about this.

id imagine most rollong road place would know what to do

i did mine with a wideband tuner...doesnt make a world of differance anyway

stealth are the only place that do it as far as i know,i drove all the way from the isle of wight to get mine down and it was the best move ive ever made for perfromance increases

sweet cheers flusted. it's definitely something to bear in mind if my carbs idea falls on it's face! which if i listen to you lot it will! if it does i think i'll go for the exhaust cam, wur mod and maybe send my head away to be ported and polished.

sweet cheers flusted. it's definitely something to bear in mind if my carbs idea falls on it's face! which if i listen to you lot it will! if it does i think i'll go for the exhaust cam, wur mod and maybe send my head away to be ported and polished.

That would be a good 170ish bhp! mine flies

just bought a manifold off a guy on ebay to run carbs, the bloke said he got 188bhp out of his 16v golf after setting up on rollers with no other mods evcept lightening and balancing

if its mk2 golf they have the same engine as the 1.8 16v corrado but a lighter flywheel and the mk3 16v 2.0 has 150bhp. mk2 golf is short block mk3 golf tall block abf... i think