Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

metal water pipe on g60 engines

ok I have replaced everything in the coolant system but this, car still overheats. does the metal pipe that runs from the side of the head to the front of the engine have a valve of some sort valve in it?

yup, I'll confirm that it DOES NOT have a valve in it.

potatonet, have you changed the heater matrix? If not then it may be worth your while bypassing it (connect the pipes that feed through the bulkhead together) to see if that's anything to do with your problem if you're certain that you've changed everything else...

im going to replace the expansion tank and cap with VAG parts, being that its coming out of the tank when it overheats and no where else. heater matrix was done 10k ago, its ok.

plus I think Im running lean when it gets cold outside instead of rich =-/ somehow.... AFR says lean...

if its running lean then it will run hot. replace the expansion tank top then the tank and the the temp senders. is the fan operational?

fan = brand new temp senders are new too, The dizzy needs to be replaced and than Im going to do the expansion tank and the cap, would a bad dizzy cause lean running?