Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Frustrating!

Ive been searching through the drivetrain section for several hours, literally, and keep going round in circles. I know everything has been covered a hundred times, but please have some patience with me. :oops:

The sus on mine is awful, i feel every single bump, and round here the roads aren't brilliant, i also have to drive a 40 mile round trip everyday to work. The car came lowered 80mm and on what i dont know, perhaps the previous owner found a way of lowering the car using breeze blocks 'coz thats what it feels like.

I have around £300 to spend on new suspension. This is because i have to, before i kill the old guy who i take to work. I was gonna go for some FK highsports, but really cant justify spending that sort of money when i have no intention of showing mine, or continuosly changing the ride height. Also i have limited funds, and there are other things, like an exhaust system that i need to purchase soon.

I then considered the supersports or ak kits (going from venom motorsports website) but am unsure if im best of buying bottom spec coilovers, or a decent spring setup.

Ive read quite good reports on H&R and Weitec kits, but cant find anywhere to buy these, and so cannot judge for myself.

Im also intending on changing them over myself, with the help of a mechanic friend, apart from the tracking. So im assuming that if i buy a whole kit, that comes with anything and everything i will need?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

if you're not looking at coilovers the best combo is H&R springs with Koni dampers, as recomended by many many members, but i think they'll still eat most of your budget and wont take you down 80mm (i think they're 30mm drop?) You'll need new bumpstops, top mounts and a spring compressor tool (halfords?) but they're all fairly cheap.

don't forget it's not just the tracking but camber too... and if yours is a vr i would reccomend you use oe vag top mounts as opposed to gsf as they cope with the extra vr lump ..... trust me i've done this on two vr's.

I forgot to give a few important details. I have a 1.8 G60, and want to raise it to around -40.

Can you point me in the direction of who sells H&R Springs and Koni Dampers?

thank-you please

have you checked in the suppliers section of the forum :?: whers abouts in the south west are you......

Im near Wincanton/Yeovil. I had a look in the suppliers forum, but no luck. Ill check again tho.

I couldnt find anywhere that sold weitec kits. Im really interested in finding out more about these. Any body point me in the direction of a supplier? Also, a price for what you paid? Cheers.