Sign in to follow this  
brian g60 corrado

adjusting mixture on g60 raddo

hi all can anyone inform me of correct way of adjusting co mixture on my g60 raddo.also at present the cat is removed and what should it be adjusted to.the car seems to be a bit flat on light throttle.has chip and pully fitted 68mm,rest is standard

setting the mix requires a tester like MOT stations have or a portable version. makes sure the filter in the tester is good too.

you have to let the car warm up. unplug blue temp re 3 times set mix on Co-pot an rev 3 times and plug blue back in. i adjucted mine. tis a tad tricky as when you plug blue back in probe takes over and sets as it pleases. RR tune up i think for me. ive tried the stuff n no joy so im gonna take it ti the rollers.

id get a bentley manual.

this may be a long post

looks likea similar path to mine.

to cut a v long story short

i fitted a exhaust first removing the cat. it was pig rich. my probe wasn't connected.

first things. get a AF gauge. speak to bilal(dubcharged) cross his palm with a paypal for about 32 quid. fit the gauge. you need to see cycle on the guage on anything upto 80% throttle or above. it should take around 30 seconds to start cycle. when you lift off it should read no lights at full throttle after the digi lag you should see 1 bar rich right thru to changing gear. if you dont something is wrong.

Id put a new O2 probe in. use a universal from GSF or ECP bout 40 quid.

change the blue temp sensor(tis on the water pipe in centre of head.)for good measure and put new o-rings on them too. only cheap.

make sure your throttle cable hits the WOT switch and idle switches on the Throttle body and none of them stick. if cables stretched then replace as the operation of both these switches is imperitive to proper operation of the car.

put a new knock sensor in.

check plugs on regular basis. clean them run hard and check within 5 mins.

im told that most of the bits are around a 80k service interval so...tis always worth changing.

O2 requires a v good earth. check it aint snapped or damaged. front engine mount is a pain for stretching that. check for movemet there too.

when fitting the AF gauge. earth it to the same point as the probe(engine mount at rear.) power it from the ignition live wire(black n yellow i think) and tap into the signal(purple) up the harness away from the heat. remember to shield the wires properly after of the gauge/probe may not work properly.use solder not scotch locks. the beauty of our system is that if the probe or ascosiated bit cause a proble you can unplug the probe and the car will run fine, if a little rich in all areas other than the map.

ive been down the long and winding road or at least most of it i think. im waiting for my injectors and then im ready to rock.

feel free to commect on what i say above. these are my findings and the more imput to solving G60 gremlins the better. i must at this point plug Sam of SNS fame for his help. top chap.

have tried method ie disconnected blue temp plug thee times adjusted co and reved three times set to about 1.2% running ok but when restated later it ran very bad so reset back to 450 to500omhs at co pot for timebeing .

does the ecu have to be reset first and how do you go about resetting ecu on g60 raddo thanks all.