Sign in to follow this  
jester

ABS fault.....heaaaaaalp

:cry: I have a '93 rado, 2.0 16v. Same old story...., found that my abs wasn't working, so changed warning light....now the light comes on during startup and goes out as expected, over 15mph it lights up again and stays on. :roll:

I have cleaned up all sensors and rotors now which seems to have made no difference at all. The resistance check didn't throw anything too varying....... and a local garage's sykes kit says that there's no problems with me rado and it's hunky dory! :?

Has anyone got any further suggentions or has anyone in devon/dorset/somerset area got Vag-com? will this have more chance in sourcing my problem?

Mot comin up soon, so need it fixed :cry: :oops:

Jester.

If the light is on there will be something up. Maybe if you jack up each corner of the car and spin the wheel while checking for an output in millivolts AC, that'll throw something up. My money is on a front sensor.

Gavin

i had the same problem, turned out that i did not have and rotors on the rear discs.

LOL, doh!

Well....here's an update......

I decided to replace the front sensors.......Made no difference at all! checked voltages and found that neither rear sensor made a reading while the front did.

Ever wanted to shout ARSSSE full belt?!! :help: :help:

Sounds like you've had new rear discs and the rotors haven't been swaped over.

It's been done before. Not much money from VW.

Gavin

Has anyone gotta pic of ther rear rotor?......I removed the rear discs and cleaned up what I thought was the rotors...

jester, you could just try the VW dealer!

They'll most likely give it a scan for free in order to quote you for what needs to be done, then you can always go elsewhere if the quote is too expensive..