Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

what exhaust?

Joe M, yeah, its ace, not that bad inside, but if the joint starts to leak, then you know about it!!!! My fit problems might be down to using supersprint parts tho. :( but i reckon it might give it that nice tone as supersprint use mild steel around the silencers and i prefer that sound to stainless. I was also heard over two VR's whilst we were going through a tunnel and one of them was very loud and quite far away from memory!!! :lol:

I like yours though. Prefer round and letterbox to ovals. not a keen fan of those. never have been.

I had a GTI supersprint centre box and janspeed box on my MKI and it was awesome. i absolutly loved the way that sounded, there was no way in hell you would think it was a 1.1 litre.

Dont VR's seem to quiet'n down on a few supposedly loud systems? cant be bad though, cause they always sound good.

For those of us close enough Tsunami can be contacted on 0191 478 1666. They use 316 grade stainless steel with 1.6mm walls for the piping.

Stevemac, I don't know what the powerflow down your way is like, I have heard different stories from all over the country. The one near us is terrible, they use 304 grade and MiG weld it! Usually the welds are rusty within a couple of months. Also they couldn't properly gas flow a dual exit system if their lives depended on it. My advice is to find some people that have had some done by them already and have a good look before you buy. Whilst ours is no good I have heard some good stories for other places in the country but it varies.

Well, i know tis wont mean much, but yeah, the one next to me seems to be crap. all their cars sound exactly the same.

I had a friend with a 1.25 fiesta Zetec. His back box fell off. He went to them and asked for the same noise, and picked a 4 inch pipe. twat. but, he got what he wanted.

A friend with a 16v Polo went after his centre box blew. needed it in a hurry. Asked for a LITTLE bit of noise.

Sounded exactly the same as my mates Zetec.........

Pointless waist of time. he went back and asked them to make it quieter, and he wasn't sure what they did to make it a BIT quieter but, he doesn't think they touched the exhaust....

Stevemac, I don't know what the powerflow down your way is like, I have heard different stories from all over the country. The one near us is terrible, they use 304 grade and MiG weld it! Usually the welds are rusty within a couple of months. Also they couldn't properly gas flow a dual exit system if their lives depended on it. My advice is to find some people that have had some done by them already and have a good look before you buy. Whilst ours is no good I have heard some good stories for other places in the country but it varies.

Thanks for the advice, I'm not really bothered which make of CAT bypass I end up fitting. It must be hi-flow (due to my other mods - R1 charger, etc), it must be well made and I would prefer if it was stainless steel. Most of the garages here in Leeds are a bunch of cowboys/rip-off merchants - gonna post another thread about that !!

Most of the garages here in Leeds are a bunch of cowboys/rip-off merchants - gonna post another thread about that !!

If you don't mind travelling a little bit, try JP exhausts in Macclesfield... Spot on quality, lifetime guarantee, quick service (if you book it in! :lol: ) and they'll tune your exhaust note to how you want it... :D

I've had 3 exhausts off them now and have no complaints or problems apart from one weld which broke (probably due to a dodgy engine mount which has now been changed...) which they fixed within an hour of me mentioning it to them.... :D

Their prices aren't horrendous too... £450 all in for a downpipe back full system with a choice of pipe on my G60... 8)

but as i wanted a letterbox tailpipe, i got a Scorpion backbox

Sounds like the same backbox i'm getting put on this coming friday, you got any pictures of it on the car dubster?

heres some, the grey one is mine and the only pic i have of it, the Red one is a guy called Mark that i liftred off his website, though his looks a lil squint, you get the idea

If you don't mind travelling a little bit, try JP exhausts in Macclesfield... Spot on quality, lifetime guarantee, quick service (if you book it in! :lol: ) and they'll tune your exhaust note to how you want it... :D

Their prices aren't horrendous too... £450 all in for a downpipe back full system with a choice of pipe on my G60... 8)

My Magnex CAT back system is only a couple of months old, so I'm just looking for a CAT bypass pipe.

Gonna speak to this guy from Powerflow next week and tell him what I want. If he can supply - great. If he can't then I'll mail-order one from somewhere else. Fitting it myself, so if it isn't upto scratch I'll be sending it back.... :blackeye:

Basically all I need is a straight piece of stainless pipe (of the relevent diameter) with a flange on one end and a union to screw my oxygen sensor into. Can't be that difficult - can it ??.... :?

Steve,

i saw an after market bypass valve that allows you to keep the CAT and but yet has a switch in the cabin with the driver. so if you want to by-pass the CAT all you do is push a button and a valve switches over and poof the CAT is bypssed by a straight pipe. thought that was a nice touch, especially if you need the CAT for Emissions Tests. ill see if i cant find the web site again.

Steve,

i saw an after market bypass valve that allows you to keep the CAT and but yet has a switch in the cabin with the driver. so if you want to by-pass the CAT all you do is push a button and a valve switches over and poof the CAT is bypssed by a straight pipe. thought that was a nice touch, especially if you need the CAT for Emissions Tests. ill see if i cant find the web site again.

Different emmissions laws here in the uk.

Don't need the CAT - don't want the CAT. I just want to throw it away..... :lol:

Gonna throw it into a skip with a BIG smile on my face.............. :lol:

then that should be easy.........just use a straight pipe right on back.

if you want it to bolt up nice then get the same sized pipe, or make that the place where the pipe expands the whole system.

any good exhaust man can weld a nut on the pipe to hook the O2 sensor in.

then that should be easy.........just use a straight pipe right on back.

if you want it to bolt up nice then get the same sized pipe, or make that the place where the pipe expands the whole system.

any good exhaust man can weld a nut on the pipe to hook the O2 sensor in.

Trouble is, here in Leeds (good sized City) the motor trade appears to be populated by retards.......... :?

Ta for the pics dubster, looks like it fits exactly how i hoped it would, snug into the cutout in the bumper.... :D

Yeah well, you may need to mod it a bit to get it there, its the right size of pipe but apparently when you fit it, its actually touching the bumper so it has to be lowered a bit too. you may need uprated hangers too, something i've still yet to get.