Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

VR6 clutch into G60

OK, I need to get my oil leak fixed (it's from the crank oil seal so is a bitch to do) and I thought I may as well get the clutch changed while I'm there, it will piss me off if I do this then 3 months down the line the box has to come off again.

I had heard on the grapevine that my car had possibly got some kind of VR6 clutch in there, be it just the plate or whatever, but I am dubious.

Is it possible? If so, if I am to replace the clutch with another VR item then what do i need? Is i tthe whole thing or just the plate?

If it's more hassle than it's worth, then what sort of power will a standard clutch handle, and what aftermarket ones have people tried and/or recommend for a tuned G60?

Thanks.

if your car is fairly tuned it would be advisable to get a VR6 clutch to help...i think its pretty straightforward but not done the mod myself

OK, I need to get my oil leak fixed (it's from the crank oil seal so is a bitch to do) and I thought I may as well get the clutch changed while I'm there, it will piss me off if I do this then 3 months down the line the box has to come off again.

I had heard on the grapevine that my car had possibly got some kind of VR6 clutch in there, be it just the plate or whatever, but I am dubious.

Is it possible? If so, if I am to replace the clutch with another VR item then what do i need? Is i tthe whole thing or just the plate?

If it's more hassle than it's worth, then what sort of power will a standard clutch handle, and what aftermarket ones have people tried and/or recommend for a tuned G60?

Thanks.

No point just replacing the plate, just get the kit with pressure plate and release bearing too!

IS there any poiint in getting an uprated/aftermarket VR clutch or wil lthe atandard one suffice?

the VR6 clutch used to be CHEAPER than the G60 one from most places (including GSF and ECP!)

IIRC it's now about £2 more expensive than the G60 one but it's still a bit of a no-brainer that you put in a VR6 clutch when you replace the G60 one if it needs doing... ;)

I've got a VR6 one in my G60 and it's a straight swap. They're identical in size and fitment, it's just that the damping springs are uprated as are the springs which activate the clutch... 8)

Identical pedal feel,at least on my car,if your fitting the VR's compleat clutch you could also remove the flywheel and get a small step machined on the friction face,that way the clutch has more clamping force+the uprated straps/springs on the Vr pressure plate,i did that to my corrado with both turboed and G60valver engines,no slip at all,whilst with a 4 puck sprung copper friction disk the damm thing slipped when under hard boost,go figure...