Sign in to follow this  
corozin

Bournemouth Corrados & No-Rice (13th August)

So how many folks from the Bournemouth area are actually on here?

I've noticed Bournemouth_James & Rams on here (how come our paths havn't crossed yet guys?) and there was me thinking I knew most of the owners around here!

Anyway a bunch of us are going up in convoy to No-Rice in Guildford next Wednesday (provided it's dry!)... maybe 5/6 cars... if anyone wants to hook up for the event then we're gonna be leaving around 6pm

Cheers

John

corozin, Hi, yeah, strange we havent seen each other.

More importantly, do you want to convoy up with us to the CCGB day? So far I know of 3 cars that are going and I posted something on people from Bournemouth to get intouch for events like this as well as a night on the town.

How old are you?

If my car is lowered by wed, then I will come. I hate seeing it that high.

Its in the body shop till monday now!

Mine is burgandy with polished 17" Kahns rims with the reiger de badged grill.

There are 2 c's in town, one that used to look like my Corrado before I changed it, then someone else has the exact same grill, colour, everytjhing except the wheels.

Mate you ain't been looking about! There are over 25 CCGB members in Bournemouth alone, and at least another 6-8 guys (not including you!) who I know are owners and are not in the club! Not all of them are active mind, but we do get together a couple of times a year out at the Smugglers Inn in Ferndown for a beer and a laugh - we had about 18 cars at the last one but have had as many as 23!

I am an auld gitte (36) but Roddy will tell you I have the mind of a small child sometimes (especially when Subarus are involved). My car is fairly well known on the scene and around Bournemouth as I've had it for 4 years now and it has an M*** VRG numberplate on it. It's lowered around 50mm all round and wears 8x17 Mim wheels (a bit similar to your Kahns). A picture of the car, taken at the Castle Combe trackday two weeks ago, is in my sig.

I'm pretty certain the debadged burgundy VR6 you mention belongs to my mate Phil and he's just changed the wheels this week. He's coming with us to No-Rice next week.

Unfortunately I've already made arrangements to meet people en-route at Ferndown, Winchester Services & Fleet so we can either meet up at No-Rice or if you want to tie in with us instead then that would be fine. We'll be leaving at around 6pm so we don't have to race up there.

Anyway let me know what you wanna do - can email offlist me at mailto:[email protected] if you want to .

Cheers

John

I am an auld gitte (36) but Roddy will tell you I have the mind of a small child sometimes (especially when Subarus are involved). My car is fairly well known on the scene and around Bournemouth as I've had it for 4 years now and it has an M*** VRG numberplate on it. It's lowered around 50mm all round and wears 8x17 Mim wheels (a bit similar to your Kahns). A picture of the car, taken at the Castle Combe trackday two weeks ago, is in my sig.

Anyway let me know what you wanna do - can email offlist me at mailto:[email protected] if you want to .

Cheers

John

auld gitte and founder member of the portly squires section of the CCGB too(which i must admit i'm the scottish branch member)

so how you doing john?.....nevermind about your bournemouth meets...........u coming up for xmas to jockland? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Possibly Roddy... unfortuately Karl had a fire at his house in Leven five weeks ago (fortunately they were all ok) and that means that my plans for a visit this summer visit have been canned for this year.

Christmas remains, however a very likely probability indeed, as there is no better place to spend new year than north o' the border. I will let you know and we can get together in Stirling for another big meet (ya gotta get Sandy out at least once a year eh, lol)

As for forgetting No-Rice - you must be joking! there were allegedly 280 cars there last month!!!

John

corozin, yeah, I know your car. I have seen you out and about a few times.

what is no rice? I will contact you again nearer the time for the CCGB and sort something out.

You were parked on westover road at the weekend I think????? Mine should be lowered as of next week, well slammed is the term.

C U around buddy.

Actually, I did come to one of those meets in Ferndown with my friend in his yellow G60. I think it was the only yellow one there.

I'll be at no-rice this week, so I'll finally get to catch up with you, John, and meet some other forum people.