Sign in to follow this  
johnxl1s

corrado 16v2.0

hi everyone ,

new member to this forum from (belfast),i have the 16v2.0 1992 126k on clock, it needs water every 3 days nearly and seems to have lost power over this last while i got the oil sump gasket changed, dist cap, plus+ leads i cannot seee no leaks anywhere, anyway the mechanic said the head gasket is going-or gone, and i got the timing belt changed 5k ago, by another mechanic, this new mechic said it was not timed right, which i fine strange because i have asked other people and they said if it was not fitted right you would know.has anyone any ideas on this- regarding loss of power although i have not really noticed this but he said it should be a lot quicker.

advice appreciated.

before you change the head gasket checl the oil cooler and expantion bottle cap,is there any mayo under the oil cap and/or any signs of oil in the water?

the oil filter is attatched to the oil cooler and are prone to rotting from the inside out,as for the expansion bottle cap they dont cost much so you could peplace that

thanks dazzy,

would the expansion cap (is that the cap where you put in the water) cause why i have to fill it up every other day, any ideas as to lack of power or would that be down to tha head gasket.

it could be letting the pressure out so the water escapes as steem,if the head gasket has gone that would cause a lack of power