Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

removal of supercharger, what belt size to buy so I candrive

ok so I checked the wiring on the O2 sensor and rewired it using solder instead of contact fittings, this changed nothing except my peace of mind that my o2 sensor isnt the problem. once again the car lopes and shudders at idle, and is pretty slow to get up to revs, once revs are up they are fine but there is a loss of power throughout the whole powerband. TIMING IS DEAD ON, O2 sensor is ok (checking voltage readings tuesday, how do I do this BTW?) BTS is ok recently replaced. anyone?

Im thinking quite possibly that the ignition coil, voltage regulator, or something delivering spark power to the engine could be weak? hence why it jumps when I put more gas in, not enough spark to burn all the gas and hence the lower power and backfiring?

going to test ignition coil, anyone got any values to reference from? and how do I test the voltage regulator?

driving tonight and all of a sudden I get this gadadadada tapping noise coming from one of the components, it sounds bad like supercharger but I dont know if its the supercharger or not. what does a jumped apex seal sound like? this sounds like tap tap tap tap and increases when revs increase. but you hear in inside the car, its not a rod I know what that sounds like, taking it in tomorrow.

I think if you could hear the supercharger in the car it would have gone bang by now...Try using a screwdriver on it as a stethoscope!

|Neuspeed P-Flo, P-chip, Plug wires, camshaft, Porsche 944 Turbo FPR|

|Eurosport IC tubes, Eurosport 8.5"x11" mocal oil cooler,|

|BBM RSR outlet, 65mm BBM pulley, ISV reroute|

|magnaflow exhaust, Bilsteins & H&Rs, 17K US invested|

|Flowed and ported charger, Lightened body and interior

dude, sorry to be of no help, but it seems for a car that you've invested 17k into , you've had nothing but troubles with it for months!....you've got the patience of a saint as far as i'm concerned, hope you get it sorted.

Dare I say it, maybe the engine wasn't too strong before you spent the money on high performance parts? I find it hard to believe that all your problems are due to just bad luck?

EDIT--going by the sound you describe...have you checked for turkeys in the engine bay?

ahaha turkey hahhaaa love it.

no the car is going into the shop today and once I get it back its going up for sale, 8k obo. Im dont and Im buying a 1999 audi A4 avant VR6 w/5 speed.

the thing about it is that the boost levels were dropping which made me think it was an apex seal. =-/ I dunno they will find out at the shop

thanks for all the help guys and diesel for the slight cheering up. =-)

problem was fuel mixture and gadada noise was a loose cover bracket for timing belt. now works great!

thanks for the help guys =-) my car is now done and up for sale.

ok so does anyone know the thread that tells me what belt size to buy so that I can run my c without the charger while I get it serviced? and if this account for me having AC?

oh and if I rev my engine and I hear something like rotating a fingernail on cnc'd aluminum Im guessing thats my supercharger and its displacer rotating on the wall of the charger. I guess I did lose an apex seal =-/. oh well rebuild time I guess. =/