Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Locking wheel nuts

just got speedlines back on and went round wheel by wheel for a final tighten, the locking key came off at a funny angle and now the blarry thing wont go back on. not an immediate problem as the wheels are on but will be an issue in the future.

It is a sort of flowery patern on the key. Is this a standard nut that came with the car and if so would i get one at the stealers?

ta.

Sounds like the McGuard ones - you can get them from Halfords, but you'll need to find out what the serial number or whatever it's called is for them so you can get another bolt.

You might be better just buying a new set of bolts, but that's assuming you can get the old one out. A new set is about £35 too :(

Edit: You'll need to get another bolt from McGuard, rather than Halfords

McGaurd only do a certain number of different ones - chances are that Halfords hay have the right one in a set on the shelf if your desperate...

I think they are lifetime warranty too so shouldn't have to pay if you need to send it off...

Ive got the adress for Mcguard from a packet on the shelf and the guy behind the spares bit seemed to know what he was on about. said he was pretty certian the ones on the shelf would fit but wasn't there in my car so wasn't going to risk it. besides if I can get a replacement free on a lifetime warrantee its got to be a deal. anyone good at German? I only have an adress and no number for them.

How is it not a problem? - What if you get a puncture?

The flower patterns are fairly unique aren't they? Hence dink says you need the code.

Is it the nut head that sheered or the key? - will it need drilling out; or can you file two flats?

You are right Stuart. is is a problem I had been ignoring, However Phoned Mcguard today on 0808 156 3675 and all I need to do is post the cheesed key to them and they will work out the code and replace it Free of charge.

Result.

yeh something about german efficiency. If it were a UK company I guess I would have to pay for a replacement, if on even existed.