Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

G60 pinking - few queries

My G60 is pinking and I have found a checklist to go through from a previous post: http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... g&start=15

Believe I will need a new knock sensor and to check the wires. At the moment the timing is set to 6 degrees at the flywheel and the CO Pot is set to 480. Pinking seems worse when on boost (a lot worse) but cannot tell when it stops - after about 3.5/4k I can't hear much else other than charger and exhaust - but am certain I have heard it before over that at least once. A new lambda was put into the front pipe 2 months ago - Bosch universal one - has the 4 leads. Cars performing fine I think - gets full boost on std charger/pulley and reaches top end speed no probs. Anything else I should be checking/considering?

Another problem from what I have read might be associated - the car jerks when accelerating and decelarating around 1.5/2k - I have read people having to replace full pumps/filters when dealing with pinking. Something I should consider?

Any help appreciated as I am dying to get this sorted. Thanks

It is wise to run G60's on the best fuel available to you, 98 RON is preferable. You need to get your fuel pressure tested to eliminate/point the finger at your fuel pump. Pressure at idle should be around 38psi, instantly rising and holding to around 55-60psi on boost and not dropping back from the peak pressure as the RPM's increase.

Fuel pressure is tested with a suitable gauge tapping off where the end of the fuel rail where the fuel pressure switch is normally plumbed into.

ok it works then :) friend set up the timing a few weeks ago and it was plain as day it made a difference when this sensor was out. cheers!